sharetrader
Page 12 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622621125121012 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Gosh my portfolio down about 260k, still slept well last night and I'll sleep well tonight also, never been much of a sheep so not easily led to the slaughter house, mind you lambs have never been the most patient of critters
    *blink* - I guess you're "all in" then hey couta1.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGekko View Post
    *blink* - I guess you're "all in" then hey couta1.
    Yep even spent the last of my GNE sale on some more Air this morning, go hard or go home ( Looks like many of the sheep have gone home)

Yep even spent the last of my GNE sale on some more Air this morning, go hard or go home ( Looks like many of the sheep have gone home)
    Just a thought, maybe some sheep are trying to avoid the sheering gang sheering them right down to the skin...better to have a decent coat of wool left on you, (even after a haircut) to ward off the winter cold than none
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-08-2015 at 09:59 AM.

Gosh my portfolio down about 260k, still slept well last night and I'll sleep well tonight also, never been much of a sheep so not easily led to the slaughter house, mind you lambs have never been the most patient of critters
    You have bigger balls than I do. I'm all sold up, happy to wait out this volatility. These are times for traders, not investors.

The real concern is the lack of depth in some shares currently. Makes getting out in a hurry a very risky exercise.

Hopefully whatever is coming plays out quickly, nothing worse than a prolonged bear market.
    Last edited by belted galloway; 25-08-2015 at 09:57 AM.

haven't been to bed since Monday morning, should have seen the first 20mins wall street simply fascinating to watch and trade.

I think its still to early to bargain hunt nz yet, asx looks more tempting today for daytrading
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by belted galloway View Post
    You have bigger balls than I do. I'm all sold up, happy to wait out this volatility. These are times for traders, not investors.

The real concern is the lack of depth in some shares currently. Makes getting out in a hurry a very risky exercise.

Hopefully what ever is coming plays out quickly, nothing worse than a prolonged bear markets.
    I think every case is situational. What are your time horizons, are you all in, are the stocks you are holding best in class, was your portfolio doing well before the markets started crashing etc. At the moment, I'm happy to ride this one out, I sold one position yesterday just to add to cash position in case things get really bad.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Just a thought, maybe some sheep are trying to avoid the sheering gang sheering them right down to the skin...
    Nah mate this correction is just like when we used to shear the Merino's in the high country with a snow comb, still plenty of wool left on for protection from the cold but unfortunately the sheep panicking at the moment have lost all their fleeces plus a lot of skin.

Permanent Newbie

Well the falls in price might be enough to trigger some margin calls. Small change so far compared with gains since 2009 but once margin calls are made maybe some spooked people nearing retirement pull their money from their managed funds so institutions need to start selling.

Who knows the usual solution is more cheap money from central banks to pay more for shares and property. I am sticking with what I have invested but will wait plenty before investing any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Well the falls in price might be enough to trigger some margin calls. Small change so far compared with gains since 2009 but once margin calls are made maybe some spooked people nearing retirement pull their money from their managed funds so institutions need to start selling.

Who knows the usual solution is more cheap money from central banks to pay more for shares and property. I am sticking with what I have invested but will wait plenty before investing any more.
    that's the problem people pull there money from funds so they have to sell to meet redemptions becomes a vious cycle, could be different this time as they are sitting on more cash, that could mean they will be doing less buying? as they use there cash to meet redemptions
    one step ahead of the herd

Maybe those who have sold will be able to buy a new fleece with the profits that they just locked in.