sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    think mentioned last week nasdaq end the yr at lows nearly there today ..... will it bounce or will it power to new lows ..... place your bets
    nasdaq right on cue probably due to the big jump in bond yields lately. esp NZ bonds huge jump last week odd
    one step ahead of the herd

Investments

nasdaq right on cue probably due to the big jump in bond yields lately. esp NZ bonds huge jump last week odd
    Year end low liquidity and tax loss selling etc ...they are setting u up for big bounce in new year mate !! lol

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Year end low liquidity and tax loss selling etc ...they are setting u up for big bounce in new year mate !! lol
    big bounce or big flop guess we will find out soon

NZ stocks must get hit soon NZ 10 yr up very strong again today nearing all time highs current cycle. maybe pricing in ORR coming back from holiday and having to hike more ?
    one step ahead of the herd

Investments

big bounce or big flop guess we will find out soon

NZ stocks must get hit soon NZ 10 yr up very strong again today nearing all time highs current cycle. maybe pricing in ORR coming back from holiday and having to hike more ?
    Just heard a conversation on CNBC ...almost all big funds are very high on cash ..." waiting for the expected Messy Time to deploy the funds" ...wow ...means lots of money waiting to get in at right levels ... I wonder if that messy times never come then will FOMO will get them in at higher levels eventually ??

Just thinking of that possibility gives me parabolic rise graphs dreams ...lol

Just heard a conversation on CNBC ...almost all big funds are very high on cash ..." waiting for the expected Messy Time to deploy the funds" ...wow ...means lots of money waiting to get in at right levels ... I wonder if that messy times never come then will FOMO will get them in at higher levels eventually ??

Quite likely to happen - I guess if the funds don't buy, than nobody does (following basic TA). However - if nobody buys, nobody makes money. Just a question when greed gets stronger than fear.

Many stocks (particularly international ones) do look dead-cheap ... and a good number of my European shares (no growth shares, all solid industry producing stuff people need) are already in the green zone (above MA200 and many past the golden cross) - so, I guess unless we have a black swan, a Bloodymir or a Jinping goes Taiwan event, we well might see this parabolic rise coming earlier rather than later.

But that's the thing with stock prices ... nobody can predict them. For what it is worth - I started spending some of my cash - not a fan of waiting for a confirmed bottom and then chase the crowd bidding everything up like crazy - I prefer to buy deep value steady and over a longer timeframe.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Funds high on cash ….where didactologias that cash from alokdhir?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

At least NZX did go down today …ASX pummelled today …one headline saidcsinks to 7 week low
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Funds high on cash ….where didactologias that cash from alokdhir?
    I was not allowed to ask questions mate !!! So I believed when I heard few fund managers saying we are big on cash and waiting to deploy them when soon markets will become messy ...hope u got it that it was on CNBC I was referring to ...

Guru

APPL PE ratio (2014) - 10 (when cash rate was 0%)
    APPL PE ratio (2022) - 22

Would be carnage if the market thought even a PE of 10 is too high given the cash rate now.

Quiet Observer

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    At least NZX did go down today …ASX pummelled today …one headline saidcsinks to 7 week low
    XJO continuing to look a little ominous. Now pretty much sitting on significant support at circa 7000 and the 200EMA.
    A continued breakdown through here would see 6600-6700 in pretty quick order IMO.
    Success is a journey AND a destination!