sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Yes even higher inflation heading our way. Bread is disappearing off supermarket shelves

The cupboard is empty.

The Government didn't put any money aside for a rainy day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yes even higher inflation heading our way. Bread is disappearing off supermarket shelves

The cupboard is empty.

The Government didn't put any money aside for a rainy day.
    food prices will get very expensive this yr and that be if you can even get some items.

see bird flu is spreading around world now meaning chicken might become hard to get and expensive at some stage i live on chicken its resonably priced and good protein

Bird flu spreads to new countries, threatens non-stop 'war' on poultry

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world...n-poultry.html
    one step ahead of the herd

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    food prices will get very expensive this yr and that be if you can even get some items.

see bird flu is spreading around world now meaning chicken might become hard to get and expensive at some stage i live on chicken its resonably priced and good protein

https://www.interest.co.nz/bonds/119...ly-approaching

Raising rates will not create stuff ...just cause more hardships ...BNZ thinks so and I am with them ...Natural disasters shud not and I am sure will not encourage RBNZ to go Hawkish ...as no amount of rate rise can create stuff destroyed by natural disaster ...it can only cause further hardships

RBNZ shud act more pragmatic ...me picking 50 bips rise ...shud be 25 bips next !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    https://www.interest.co.nz/bonds/119...ly-approaching

Raising rates will not create stuff ...just cause more hardships ...BNZ thinks so and I am with them ...Natural disasters shud not and I am sure will not encourage RBNZ to go Hawkish ...as no amount of rate rise can create stuff destroyed by natural disaster ...it can only cause further hardships

RBNZ shud act more pragmatic ...me picking 50 bips rise ...shud be 25 bips next !!!!
    RBNZ is on record that it wants to create a recession to fix NZ’s inflationary spiral.

There is a government addicted to wasteful spending in election year.

The two do not compute.

Interest rate rises are the RBNZ’s only realistic weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    RBNZ is on record that it wants to create a recession to fix NZ’s inflationary spiral.

The two do not compute.

yep and the famous NZ person phillip's ... said to cure inflation unemployment must rise
    one step ahead of the herd

I disagree. The objective of interest rate rises is to reduce spending in the economy. It doesn't work very well because it impacts those who have borrowed, but rewards those who have saved via bank deposits, which skews the outcome.

Better in my view would be to raise the minimum % contribution to Kiwisaver by 1%, which would take money from many more of the population and do so without confiscating it as it remains their money within whatever scheme has been chosen. It is well known that by, for example, comparison with Australia where a far higher proportion is contributed to superannuation, Kiwisaver's long term balances will be hopelessly inadequate after inflation is accounted. Interest rate rises by contrast is money permanently foregone by those whose current stage in life requires them to borrow and pay.

If raising the minimum Kiwisaver contribution rate by just 1% is an effective trade off against an interest rate rise of 1% why would you not prefer that?

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

The two do not compute.

Since when Central Banker's talk or hype became Gospel's truth ...it was just a hawkish talk to scare people into submission ...now situation have changed and u are experienced enough to know how they can or will change track 180 degrees ....

Govt is not helping but doing humanitarian work is more important than " Inflation control " any day in my book ....getting people back on feet earliest possible is actually more productive then let them struggle ...

RBNZ job has become more difficult then any of us can comprehend ...agree emotions dont have any say in it ...all need done for greater good of masses ...but that part also can be done by going little easy keeping in view big change after very big natural disaster

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Nope. Anyone who is happy to work for minimum wage needs to consider that they either need to change jobs, they have found a job that they are happy to work with, or not moan they are on minimum wage and do nothing to change their ways, or need help moving to upskill themselves. At the end of the day moving up the bottom bracket works for governments not for the people. I had a business and if cost increased 7% I put prices up 10% just to make the same money.
    Yep. I think road cleaners need at least a bachelor’s and Macca staff a doctorate. I also I think we need to continue the progress to full feudalism, by taxing workers and wages to the hilt while keeping multimillion gains on real estate tax-free. So taxed minimum income workers (peasants, ghillies) can surround the multimillion dollar trust fund farmers’ manors (gentry, lairds)
    Last edited by Bjauck; 16-02-2023 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post

These days must be a festival for you ... bad news and desperation everywhere and you are clearly going in overdrive spreading it. So much black sludge around to spread - where do you start?

Just try to look after yourself, will you? We don't want you to lose your nearly unlimited negative energy ... Would be really sad if bull looses the power to tear things down and cover everything with black sludge ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Yep. I think road cleaners need at least a bachelor’s and Macca staff a doctorate. I also I think we need to continue the progress to full feudalism, by taxing workers and wages to the hilt while keeping multimillion gains on real estate tax-free. So taxed minimum income workers (peasants, ghillies) can surround the multimillion dollar trust fund farmers’ manors (gentry, lairds)
    Hard for me to argue the point as I just cut and pasted Ggcc response to our earlier discussion to deflect Black Peters wrath as I don't think he followed the discussion with Ggcc prior to that, not even sure that I agree with Ggcc my initial sarcastic post that upset Black Peter was intended to convey this.
    Last edited by Aaron; 16-02-2023 at 09:37 AM.