sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I never mentioned 'liquid hydrogen'. Fuel cell vehicle technology exists. The problem with running heavy trucks on batteries is that the weight of the battery required, severely compromises the payload that can be carried. Fuel cell technology is one way around this. The technology has been proven to work technically and heavy vehicle trials are due to commence in New Zealand. Exactly how hydrogen is used is immaterial to the fact that if this technology is to reduce emissions, then green hydrogen must be used. And the only companies in NZ that can supply the green energy to produce green hydrogen are the gentailers.

Obviously I don't agree. What point are you trying to make?

SNOOPY

Anyone can pay a massive dividend funded by other imbeciles.

The only thing that matters is long term sustainable earnings in relation to the CAPITAL required to produce them.

The energy inputs to get output from these sources are MASSIVE.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post

The only thing that matters is long term sustainable earnings in relation to the CAPITAL required to produce them.

Please repeat your post with the pronouns and collective nouns I have highlighted in bold illustrated by specific examples. The way you have written your post, I cannot decipher what you are referring to,

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 04-03-2023 at 10:07 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Banned

Please repeat your post with the pronouns and collective nouns I have highlighted in bold illustrated by specific examples. The way you have written your post, I cannot decipher what you are referring to,

SNOOPY

And what about on the Hydrogen sport? No comment?

Banned

SNOOPY

What I mean is that Dividends are irrelevant unless they are paid out from sustainable earnings and that they have to be in relation to the capital provided.

Very often the dividend isn't paid out of sustainable earnings, it's paid from raising more debt or equity capital - thus funded by other fools.

Now even if the dividend is paid from earnings... if 'other imbeciles' invest a billion dollars into capital that then provides a 20 million dollar dividend to you - your dividend is essentially funded by them. Dividends men nothing without the context of how they are paid.

The energy you have to put into the 'renewable' sources are phenomenal.

Spend the day researching the manufacturer of a wind turbine, then the transportation and the installation, then the maintenance. All fossil fuel intensive.

First you must mine all the base materials for the steel and transport it to the sea, then to China where you must smelt it with Coal, also mined and shipped, (various other metals too) then the epoxy and other chemicals for the blades, the copper for the motor, many parts air freighted all over the show. Then transport the steel elsewhere to be fabricated into the windmill, then get it all to NZ, then up the mountain and then make a **** load of concrete, again all mined and transported all over the show, the dig massive holes with big diesel equipment.

Missing thousands of steps here - but get the picture.

Advanced Member

Are your investments in cryptocurrencies like this?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Are your investments in cryptocurrencies like this?

There is no such thing as investments in cryptocurrencies, let alone mine.

If you are however talking about speculation in crypto, if you profit from such folly, where did your profit come from?

Advanced Member

There is no such thing as investments in cryptocurrencies, let alone mine.

If you are however talking about speculation in crypto, if you profit from such folly, where did your profit come from?
    Are you making a profit in your crypto speculation at the expense of imbeciles?
    Last edited by fish; 05-03-2023 at 08:53 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Are you making a profit in your crypto speculation at the expense of imbeciles?
    Not personally as I don't touch the crap.

But anyone who does profit, yes you are 100% correct.

And I guess they are fair game. Check out the 'fortune favours the brave' superbowl adverts.

On the doghouse

And what about on the Hydrogen sport? No comment?
    This is getting way off topic. The point I was making is that you need renewable energy to make green hydrogen. And New Zealand is in a good position to increase renewable energy production, and some of that could go towards producing green hydrogen. Therefore you can look at the NZ gentailers as 'growth stories' that should not just be invested in purely as a 'bond substitute'.

You seem to be making the argument that hydrogen fuel cell vehicles are impractical to implement, and so the whole green hydrogen thing is a 'greenie fantasy'.

You do not seem to know that hydrogen fuel cell trucks are already available in New Zealand
    https://www.hyundai.co.nz/trucks/xcient/fuel-cell

And that they are on the road here in NZ right now
    https://www.hyundai.co.nz/nz-post-fi...-powered-truck

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 05-03-2023 at 11:53 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Oh my god Snoop, have you any idea what you're saying?!

Ok, so you're going to use GAS phase hydrogen???? So for 1kg of fuel, your going to carry an 11 square meter balloon with you? Is this the Hindenburg?

So how it is used is immaterial? You have a way of changing physics?

I think bro it needs to be Liquid or gas I suggest you do some research on the respective volumes of each that 1kg of mass occupies.

'I never mentioned liquid hydrogen' Share trader quote of the year so far! You imply by this that you honestly think gas hydrogen is feasible thus showing a massive display of ignorance on the topic.

Please tell us how much total energy is available from gas phase hydrogen per meter squared?
    From Air Liquide

"A volume of around 11 m3 (which is the volume of the trunk of a large utility or commercial vehicle) is needed to store just 1 kg of hydrogen, which is the quantity needed to drive 100 km. For this reason, its density must be increased using one of the following techniques:

High-pressure storage in the gaseous form
    Very low temperature storage in the liquid form
    Hydride-based storage in the solid form"

Hydrogen can be compressed, it doesn't have to be liquified. 11 Cubic metres is the uncompressed volume.