sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Yeah just walk in mate, they give out trading jobs to just bout anyone. ��
    Need to pass the psych test first though, has about an 80% failure rate from the young high achievers that have aspirations to get onto the trading floor.

No change of argument, you just misinterpreted what I wrote.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Makes sense as none of their traders can even beat the market. If you could exist there for 2 decades and then come out with an extremely limited understanding of basic banking, that says it all.

Any decent trader would not need to work for the bank, they would have their own fund.

If you can show me your record over even 10 years that has beaten the market then I will stand corrected.
    Last edited by SailorRob; 02-04-2023 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Makes sense as none of their traders can even beat the market. If you could exist there for 2 decades and then come out with an extremely limited understanding of basic banking, that says it all.

Any decent trader would not need to work for the bank, they would have their own fund.

If you can show me your record over even 10 years that has beaten the market then I will stand corrected.
    Yawn. That's the problem with these sorts of forums it gives anyone a platform no matter their ignorance and don't respect people that don't respect professional experience. If you knew anything about wholesale markets you wouldn't say things like beat the market. It's not equities mate. But carry on its becoming quite entertaining.

Traders are literally rewarded on performance. If you can't cut it you are sacked.

You are very rude, amoung other not so pleasant attributes.
    Last edited by Daytr; 02-04-2023 at 12:50 PM.

Banned

Yawn. That's the problem with these sorts of forums it gives anyone a platform no matter their ignorance and don't respect people that don't respect professional experience. If you knew anything about wholesale markets you wouldn't say things like beat the market. It's not equities mate. But carry on its becoming quite entertaining.

I understand exactly what it is.

What I am saying is that their trading activity, being property on the moon, or soybean futures, cannot produce a return for the trader or institution that beats the return of the S&P500 over a decade.

It's mainly pointless activity that just generates fees for the bank and paid by unsuspecting retail.

Yes some trading needs to take place wholesale to settle trades, but the volume traded exceeds this requirement by HUNDREDS of times.

The nonsense you have posted about your trades in the past says it all, based on these posts, I will offer you the same bet I offered Bull.

I will offer you a bet of $100,000 NZD to a charity of the winners choosing if you can supply me with an audited track record that shows us you have beaten the market with all of your net worth over the last 10 years. I will refund the cost of the Audit once you produce it.

You can't as you are full of it. You lose money all the time with this nonsense.

But go ahead and shut me up, take the bet.

'Yep, its been a good week. AUD/NZD well in the money and actually halved my position. Will top up again if we fall back.
    Also went short JPY vs USD close to 100 & gold long around $1311. Been some very good swings which is a great trading environment.
    RBNZ fighting a losing battle with interest rates and its dangerous as NZ has an incredibly inflated property market.
    Both the ccy & property is being impacted by inflows caused by immigration.
    The RBNZ can't and shouldn't fight government policy. If the government wants strong immigration, then one of the consequences is a strong dollar'.

'Loving this pre-election volatility. Went long gold quite big a few weeks back looking at the up-coming election.
    Mostly now out of the position. Might look to get back in on a pull back if we see it in the next day or two.
    Picked up the pound at 1.2150 as it was looking massively oversold, had a nice bounce since and halved my decent position.
    Will hold the rest to see if we test back toward 1.30.
    And been picking up the DOW on the large swings. A little bit tentative on this bet with the Trump factor as potentially we could see a much larger shift lower on a Trump win. Mind you if Clinton wins then rates are probably going up sooner rather than later'

Banned

Traders are literally rewarded on performance. If you can't cut it you are sacked.

Oh and tell us how many screens you're running.

Banned

I will respect your professional experience when you show us that you have some.

Working like a monkey losing money for 20 years doesn't cut it, if you were good why don't you take my bet??

Banned

If you're running more than 12 screens then I take it all back and the bet is off.

Banned

There once was a guy named Daytr,
    Who thought he was quite the trader,
    He boasted and bragged,
    About his market gains bagged,
    But truth be told, he was just a faker.

He talked a big game,
    Said he'd make a fortune and fame,
    But when challenged to bet,
    On his trading skills, he did fret,
    And backed down with no one to blame.

His confidence was just a facade,
    His skills not nearly as broad,
    He talked the talk,
    But couldn't walk the walk,
    And in the end, he was flawed.

So beware the Daytr's of the world,
    Their confidence often unfurled,
    But when push comes to shove,
    They lack the skills to rise above,
    And their true colors are unfurled.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    I understand exactly what it is.

What I am saying is that their trading activity, being property on the moon, or soybean futures, cannot produce a return for the trader or institution that beats the return of the S&P500 over a decade.

It's mainly pointless activity that just generates fees for the bank and paid by unsuspecting retail.

Yes some trading needs to take place wholesale to settle trades, but the volume traded exceeds this requirement by HUNDREDS of times.

The nonsense you have posted about your trades in the past says it all, based on these posts, I will offer you the same bet I offered Bull.

I will offer you a bet of $100,000 NZD to a charity of the winners choosing if you can supply me with an audited track record that shows us you have beaten the market with all of your net worth over the last 10 years. I will refund the cost of the Audit once you produce it.

You can't as you are full of it. You lose money all the time with this nonsense.

But go ahead and shut me up, take the bet.

'Yep, its been a good week. AUD/NZD well in the money and actually halved my position. Will top up again if we fall back.
    Also went short JPY vs USD close to 100 & gold long around $1311. Been some very good swings which is a great trading environment.
    RBNZ fighting a losing battle with interest rates and its dangerous as NZ has an incredibly inflated property market.
    Both the ccy & property is being impacted by inflows caused by immigration.
    The RBNZ can't and shouldn't fight government policy. If the government wants strong immigration, then one of the consequences is a strong dollar'.

'Loving this pre-election volatility. Went long gold quite big a few weeks back looking at the up-coming election.
    Mostly now out of the position. Might look to get back in on a pull back if we see it in the next day or two.
    Picked up the pound at 1.2150 as it was looking massively oversold, had a nice bounce since and halved my decent position.
    Will hold the rest to see if we test back toward 1.30.
    And been picking up the DOW on the large swings. A little bit tentative on this bet with the Trump factor as potentially we could see a much larger shift lower on a Trump win. Mind you if Clinton wins then rates are probably going up sooner rather than later'
    i think you dont get it , some people dont really care about proving to anyone they can beat the market. i mean who really care's nothing to prove. the important thing to me is i know and can prove but your never know because i have no interest in taking your money of you. so you should give it a rest
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i think you dont get it , some people dont really care about proving to anyone they can beat the market. i mean who really care's nothing to prove. the important thing to me is i know and can prove but your never know because i have no interest in taking your money of you. so you should give it a rest

Please think of the charity Bull, not yourself.

Of course you know and can prove it Bull, everyone knows it, you just choose not to.

We all know you are a trading machine as well as a grammatical expert.

Banned

Bull, the trader with a knack for the game,
    His skills and knowledge set him apart from the same,
    He knows how to beat the market, that's for sure,
    But he doesn't care to prove it, of that he's pure.

Bull knows the ways of the market's dance,
    He can spot the trends and take a chance,
    But he doesn't want the fame or the glory,
    To him, the market's just another story

He trades not for the sake of winning,
    But for the love of the game, that's his beginning,
    He takes risks, but he's not reckless,
    His methods are calculated, he's meticulous.

Bull doesn't care what others think,
    He doesn't need their approval, that's not his kink,
    He follows his instincts, his gut,
    And that's what sets him apart, that's his rut.

To Bull, the market's just a game,
    He doesn't seek fortune or fame,
    He trades for the love of the thrill,
    And that's what makes him a true bull still.