sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Banned

[QUOTE=Daytr;998105]Yawn. That's the problem with these sorts of forums it gives anyone a platform no matter their ignorance and don't respect people that don't respect professional experience.

At least you have learned something that your professional experience didn't teach you.

Yes Twain was correct.

Keep trading on your phone, let us know how it goes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Yes
    I will pm you.
    I have posted before about trolls and disclosed sailor rob as one of his multiple personalities

I have only this account.

Have read a few of your posts Fish, looks like you're quite the investor.

I think Ben Graham said it best about your profession. Looks like you've incinerated a fair amount of capital but they all do as they think expertise in one profession means proficiency in others. This is a whole different game.

With all due respect, you need to stop this. This back and forth criticism of others' investment strategies, is not winning you any brownie points. Comments like "looks like you've incinerated a fair amount of capital" - are not acceptable. Neither is making inferences about an individual's expertise or proficiency in investing. The reality is there are no experts. ​Just a variety of people doing their best with the skills and capabilities they have. It is not a damned competition, so stop making it one.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    I have only this account.

Have read a few of your posts Fish, looks like you're quite the investor.

I think Ben Graham said it best about your profession. Looks like you've incinerated a fair amount of capital but they all do as they think expertise in one profession means proficiency in others. This is a whole different game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    With all due respect, you need to stop this. This back and forth criticism of others' investment strategies, is not winning you any brownie points. Comments like "looks like you've incinerated a fair amount of capital" - are not acceptable. Neither is making inferences about an individual's expertise or proficiency in investing. The reality is there are no experts. ​Just a variety of people doing their best with the skills and capabilities they have. It is not a damned competition, so stop making it one.

Dear Justakiwi,

I am not here for Brownie points.

Would you care to comment on your personal thoughts about someone that I have never communicated with or about, stating that I am not only a Troll, but have multiple accounts for the purpose of Trolling and that I have been reported because of this?

I have never made anything about a competition, I have never claimed any performance or similar.

Fish is of a profession that Ben Graham (you wouldn't know who he is but you can look him up) wrote about from an investing perspective and gave well reasoned logical statements about why they fail at investing. Having analysed Fishes posts I can see why they are not too happy.

If I ever want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Thanks.

Good if you have a large portion of your net worth in Occidental Petroleum warrants, ExxonMobil common and ARLP as well as owning 30% of OXY vis Berkshire.
    obviously your not a value investor at all or you pretending to be one ?
    are you as why would a value investor touch oxy
    historically oxy has been a terrible investment underperforming the sp500 by miles
    to me it looks more like your trading the theme as that has historically been the way to play oxy
    So your another closet trader who prefers not to admit it lol dont feel bad there are plenty of people on here who think there investors but there actually a mix of trader and investor
    one step ahead of the herd

You are more than willing to give others your opinion, so why is it apparently unacceptable for me to give you mine?

Regarding fish's posts implying you are a known troll in disguise, you might be interested to know that I went into bat for you and messaged him privately, to inform him that he his assumption/accusation was incorrect, and unacceptable. I don't know you at all, but I know you are most definitely not Crypto Crude.

You are however, extremely rude and disrespectful. You would have a much better chance of getting your messages across, if you dialled that back.

You have a lovely day.

Dear Justakiwi,

I am not here for Brownie points.

Would you care to comment on your personal thoughts about someone that I have never communicated with or about, stating that I am not only a Troll, but have multiple accounts for the purpose of Trolling and that I have been reported because of this?

I have never made anything about a competition, I have never claimed any performance or similar.

Fish is of a profession that Ben Graham (you wouldn't know who he is but you can look him up) wrote about from an investing perspective and gave well reasoned logical statements about why they fail at investing. Having analysed Fishes posts I can see why they are not too happy.

If I ever want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Thanks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    obviously your not a value investor at all or you pretending to be one ?
    are you as why would a value investor touch oxy
    historically oxy has been a terrible investment underperforming the sp500 by miles
    to me it looks more like your trading the theme as that has historically been the way to play oxy
    So your another closet trader who prefers not to admit it lol dont feel bad there are plenty of people on here who think there investors but there actually a mix of trader and investor

Yes I don't understand why the greatest value investor of all time has bought 30% of the whole company.

For those who don't follow Warren Buffett owns more than a quarter of Occidental and more on the Preferred. But he isn't a value investor and what would he know.

As JAK says, there are NO experts.

Maybe he is full of Bull.

Occidental is a whole different company now after Anadarko and the entire industry has changed.

The past is irrelevant.

I have owned since 2019 but converted common to warrants during early 2020 and have held since.

Plan to hold for the next decade but unfortunately had to trim a few times as it 10 bagged on me.

Yes I don't understand why the greatest value investor of all time has bought 30% of the whole company.

For those who don't follow Warren Buffett owns more than a quarter of Occidental and more on the Preferred. But he isn't a value investor and what would he know.

As JAK says, there are NO experts.

Maybe he is full of Bull.

Occidental is a whole different company now after Anadarko and the entire industry has changed.

The past is irrelevant.

I have owned since 2019 but converted common to warrants during early 2020 and have held since.

Plan to hold for the next decade but unfortunately had to trim a few times as it 10 bagged on me.
    hahahah you just confirmed to me you got no idea , just fellowing your hero even when you have no idea his motive for the oxy buy

there's a reason you have 1 screen after all
    Last edited by bull....; 03-04-2023 at 02:41 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    You are more than willing to give others your opinion, so why is it apparently unacceptable for me to give you mine?

Regarding fish's posts implying you are a known troll in disguise, you might be interested to know that I went into bat for you and messaged him privately, to inform him that he his assumption/accusation was incorrect, and unacceptable. I don't know you at all, but I know you are most definitely not Crypto Crude.

You are however, extremely rude and disrespectful. You would have a much better chance of getting your messages across, if you dialled that back.

You have a lovely day.

Yep that's fair JAK, you are totally entitled to your opinion for sure.

I just take umbrage at you lecturing me like a school teacher, but it's a free world.

I thank you kindly for going into bat for me and I acknowledge I am extremely rude and disrespectful.

This all started when I rudely told Daytr that he drastically misunderstood banking and I was correct, he instead of challenging my ideas and proving what he said was right, tried to shut me down as an amateur against a pro (what would I know).

I'm here to debate ideas and if you're going to tell someone they are wrong you need to be able to back that up with facts and evidence.

Again, I love my ideas being challenged and if I find I'm wrong about something it's a great day as not only have I learned, I have corrected something that could get me in trouble.

But often the idea debate is weak, such as Bull mocking me for not being a value investor due to OXY when Buffett is buying the whole damn company as we speak. For gods sake Bull.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    hahahah you just confirmed to me you got no idea , just fellowing your hero even when you have no idea his motive for the oxy buy

It was tough holding every one of my shares when he ditched his entire position on me I will admit that.

Glad I did as it's been life changing money.

I do 'fellow' a few big shots closely I admit that.

Before buying Occidental I read 10 years worth of Annual reports of both OXY and Anadarko and that took 2 Months.

I would have spent around 3-500 hours I would say and boy was it entertaining when uncle Icahn got involved.

You are right I would not be as comfortable holding such a big position in Occidental without Berkshires tick of approval.