sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Pretty late for fools day ... slow fool?
    And you don't think the US Govt is concerned ... many nations are wanting to move away from using the USD in trade ...

https://twitter.com/The_Real_Fly/sta...800460290?s=20
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    And you don't think the US Govt is concerned ... many nations are wanting to move away from using the USD in trade ...

Many nations also want to do all kinds of things to the USA, but they can't.

https://twitter.com/JavierBlas/statu...822987266?s=20

If it's purely trade and the other country has exactly what you want and you them, then not too difficult but as soon as you have a mismatch then USD is the only game in town.

The massive % of global trade conducted in $ isn't because they necessarily want to...

Sure - any country risking to lose the reserve currency status would be concerned. The Dutch have been in the 17 hundreds when their empire crumbled and the guilder tumbled, the British mid of last century when their empire crumbled and the pound tumbled and I am sure the Americans might be currently concerned.

Lucky for them did the Chinese shoot an amazing own goal with their one child policy. Might be the end for the coming Chinese empire before it starts.

Anyway - anybody believing for just a second that American officials produced the nonsense you copied from (I suppose) your usual brainfood ... needs to ask themselves why they call April 1st "fools day".

Did you really believe it, or do you just live behind your time?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Sure - any country risking to lose the reserve currency status would be concerned. The Dutch have been in the 17 hundreds when their empire crumbled and the guilder tumbled, the British mid of last century when their empire crumbled and the pound tumbled and I am sure the Americans might be currently concerned.

Lucky for them did the Chinese shoot an amazing own goal with their one child policy. Might be the end for the coming Chinese empire before it starts.

Anyway - anybody believing for just a second that American officials produced the nonsense you copied from (I suppose) your usual brainfood ... needs to ask themselves why they call April 1st "fools day".

We are increasingly floundering April fish every day in a “post truth” era. The once pragmatic Conservatives now lie that the horrendous Easter holiday queues at European borders are not due to the extra Brexit checks. And the, in times past, “my country ‘tis of thee” American Republicans ignore their man’s illegality and undermining of their country’s due process.

deleting my post...trying to keep it "Black Monday".

Threads gone a bit haywire lately
    Last edited by Bobdn; 04-04-2023 at 05:43 PM.

Yes History is filled with failed Empires along with their loss of reserve currency status...USD only matter of time till its surpassed ... not really the thread to debate the endless WARS the US likes to start or be involved in ...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Membaa

Yes History is filled with failed Empires along with their loss of reserve currency status...USD only matter of time till its surpassed ... not really the thread to debate the endless WARS the US likes to start or be involved in ...
    Hey JB, we don't talk often but I'd just like to say that your Twitter sources of information is also your undoing here. No one here really seems to have much regard for Twitter or the Tweeters, so it doesn't matter how many of them you quote, none of them are taken seriously, which undermines your credibility in posting them.

Even although you may be right from time to time, like who knows really? Your association with obscure Twitter posters and citing them isn't really helping to get your message across. It works against you, can you see that?