sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Many nations also want to do all kinds of things to the USA, but they can't.

https://twitter.com/JavierBlas/statu...822987266?s=20

If it's purely trade and the other country has exactly what you want and you them, then not too difficult but as soon as you have a mismatch then USD is the only game in town.

The massive % of global trade conducted in $ isn't because they necessarily want to...
    Yes all a matter of trust with Fiat currencies ...Massive shift in Trade last 20yrs .. surely driving force behind shifts away from using USD for trade between many nations

https://twitter.com/AndreasSteno/sta...453109248?s=20
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Hey JB, we don't talk often but I'd just like to say that your Twitter sources of information is also your undoing here. No one here really seems to have much regard for Twitter or the Tweeters, so it doesn't matter how many of them you quote, none of them are taken seriously, which undermines your credibility in posting them.

Even although you may be right from time to time, like who knows really? Your association with obscure Twitter posters and citing them isn't really helping to get your message across. It works against you, can you see that?
    I'm not stressed I'm not selling everyone must make up their own minds I grew up in a house where the newspaper and TV news was the truth dust to dawn .. read read read ...watch listen ..trusted everyone like a good boy ..listened to my broker and he just made me broker ... listen to my Doc and he made me sicker ..listen to my boss and keeped working pay check to pay check told only way to keep food on the table ....I left school young straight to work at sea 3500days+ ... no Uni qualifications .....

But then I started to read and watch and study and follow others not always mainstream narrative .. and now in mid 40's I'm my own boss ...we own our own home no banks on title etc...

IMHO Twitter has been a great addition for my informational gathering you just don't get via MSM ... along with Youtube ...yes you get many opinions .. yes sometimes they are wrong ..and sometimes MSM is ...
    Last edited by JBmurc; 04-04-2023 at 09:38 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I'm not stressed I'm not selling everyone must make up their own minds I grew up in a house where the newspaper and TV news was the truth dust to dawn .. read read read ...watch listen ..trusted everyone like a good boy ..listened to my broker and he just made me broker ... listen to my Doc and he made me sicker ..listen to my boss and keeped working pay check to pay check told only way to keep food on the table ....I left school young straight to work at sea 3500days+ ... no Uni qualifications .....

But then I started to read and watch and study and follow others not always mainstream narrative .. and now in mid 40's I'm my own boss ...we own our own home no banks on title etc...

IMHO Twitter has been a great addition for my informational gathering you just don't get via MSM ... along with Youtube ...yes you get many opinions .. yes sometimes they are wrong ..and sometimes MSM is ...

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post

one step ahead of the herd

RBNZ OCR announcement today
    25 hike most assume the outlook statement be most interest

adding to the tougher outlook for nz economy from falling housing market and consumer spending downturn the other headwind starting to accelerate is the falling milk price and lower payout flowing to farmers going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    RBNZ OCR announcement today
    25 hike most assume the outlook statement be most interest

adding to the tougher outlook for nz economy from falling housing market and consumer spending downturn the other headwind starting to accelerate is the falling milk price and lower payout flowing to farmers going forward.
    RBNZ has no choice but to raise rates with this spendthrift Labour government pouring petrol on the inflation fire.

Buckle your seat belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    RBNZ has no choice but to raise rates with this spendthrift Labour government pouring petrol on the inflation fire.

Buckle your seat belt.
    evident going around the shop's etc there has been some slowdown , seem to get a park much easier now

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/business/...-than-forecast

Pity finance minister doesn't talk about the farce in 20-21 when Treasury made a massive bond issuance (one issue > $50b) that attracted little investor interest, thus, Treasury buying the majority - there's a money print if we ever saw one. The debt was issued at 1% and the govt (or rather us the tax payer) is paying the cost of selling those bonds now. The issue is the govt is selling those bonds at a yield > 4%. You can see where this is going: the selling price is discounted by the difference in rates multiplied by the number of years until maturity. If treasury bought, say, $30b of 10yr 1% bonds its sales loss is 3%, multiplied by say 8 years, thats almost a $3b loss. The finance minister has contractually agreed to put the cost of this loss on to the tax payer! The loss is real and our children will pay for it. Had the govt run a book build and discovered the price then it may have increased the offering and investment from the market may have occurred. We have a finance minister with no real financial market private experience and we are being robbed due to their incompetence

How about treasury mark to market with no shenanigans about not declaring real unrealised losses
    Last edited by causecelebre; 05-04-2023 at 11:54 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/business/...-than-forecast

Pity finance minister doesn't talk about the farce in 20-21 when Treasury made a massive bond issuance (one issue > $50b) that attracted little investor interest, thus, Treasury buying the majority - there's a money print if we ever saw one. The debt was issued at 1% and the govt (or rather us the tax payer) is paying the cost of selling those bonds now. The issue is the govt is selling those bonds at a yield > 4%. You can see where this is going: the selling price is discounted by the difference in rates multiplied by the number of years until maturity. If treasury bought, say, $30b of 10yr 1% bonds its sales loss is 3%, multiplied by say 8 years, thats almost a $3b loss. The finance minister has contractually agreed to put the cost of this loss on to the tax payer! The loss is real and our children will pay for it. Had the govt run a book build and discovered the price then it may have increased the offering and investment from the market may have occurred. We have a finance minister with no real financial market private experience and we are being robbed due to their incompetence

How about treasury mark to market with no shenanigans about not declaring real unrealised losses
    But he ran the finances of the Student Union! Learned a few tricks from his old man as well I'd imagine.

massive hawkish rbnz move 50 pt up

orr wants to crush housing
    Last edited by bull....; 05-04-2023 at 02:02 PM.