sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    The toxic rhetoric on this thread is pretty off putting. Why not the one upmanship & ego at the door. I used to see a lot of the same BS in my banking days but generally the more successful, or mature at least, didn't bother with that sort of childish behavior.
    Posters should be able to put out ideas or thoughts without being mocked. Sure challenge what they say as that's what we are here for, robust but friendly debate.
    I would suggest quite a few don't bother interacting due to the behavior exhibited.

Was some of the BS you saw in your banking days the commercial banks borrowing most of their money from the Reserve bank and lending it out on margin?

Advanced Member

I fully agree with Daytr’s post.

Poor form, Sailor.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Shuld have gone to food - support NZ producers rather than Saudi Arabia.
    Yes governments over the years could have done a heap more to reduce reliance on imported private petrol driven transport supporting foreign industries and companies. New Auck housing developments are still being designed around the use of cars with poor local amenities and public transport. At least the fuel subsidy recognised current reality in NZ that many struggling families rely on petrol powered cars. Many didn’t have the luxury of working from or retiring at home.

Older and retired folk (who tend to have greater wealth) tend to use their vehicles less than working younger folk. And the older folk have spent their lives destroying the environment - mostly in blissful ignorance*. So I think the subsidy was justified.’’

*I regard myself as one of the oldies.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 21-04-2023 at 02:20 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post

Poor form, Sailor.

You're entitled to your opinion and can get the warm fuzzies from Daytrs post but he has spread misinformation on this site from a position of claimed expertise which is exceptionally dangerous to those who come here to learn.

With Bull for example, well anyone can see he's full of it, but someone coming along and saying 20 years international banking experience and then just posting absolute garbage and when called on it dodging and weaving. Not good enough.

His actions have not met his words.

'There’s cancelled orders everywhere' - Squeeze goes on rural economy

https://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-time...-rural-economy
    one step ahead of the herd

Poor form, Sailor.
    Well I have him on ignore for good reason
    12 screens! 🤣
    Last edited by Daytr; 22-04-2023 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Well I have him on ignore for good reason
    Moderators have unfortunately left the building on this site.

Investments

Poor form, Sailor.
    As always I agree with your thoughts ...Yes ...all ideas and opinions shud be welcome and received with gratitude ...irrespective of whether u like them or agree with them or not ....thats the true purpose of this forum .

Yes it has inhibited me from posting my 2 cents more regularly as some are just looking to make fun of others ...whether its the idea or language skills etc ...lol

Its not an English teaching forum but share trader forum ...hopefully people will be more welcoming of any post not only the ones which are articulated their expected way or ideas / opinions which suit them or fulfil their already inflated ego ...lol
    Last edited by alokdhir; 22-04-2023 at 07:40 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    As always I agree with your thoughts ...Yes ...all ideas and opinions shud be welcome and received with gratitude ...irrespective of whether u like them or agree with them or not ....thats the true purpose of this forum .

Yes it has inhibited me from posting my 2 cents more regularly as some are just looking to make fun of others ...whether its the idea or language skills etc ...lol

Its not an English teaching forum but share trader forum ...hopefully people will be more welcoming of any post not only the ones which are articulated their expected way or ideas / opinions which suit them or fulfil their already inflated ego ...lol

I'm glad it has inhibited you.

Anything of value is always appreciated even if delivered in Pidjin English.

There are exceptions but unless due to a disability, if one has not bothered to learn how to communicate properly in their native language it can be assumed they have not learned the art of investing or indeed trading as well as they could have.

That said, I was shown an email written by literally one of the richest men in NZ yesterday that Bull himself could have written.

The real danger lies in a well structured sentence written by a former professional banker that contains blatant misinformation, because those are the ones that will and should be believed without question.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post

That's a shame. My suggestion is just block those offenders.