sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Hi Alokdhir, what are your picks re the growth stocks?

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Hi Alokdhir, what are your picks re the growth stocks?
    Basically large cap blue chips ...at present I think KFL offers great portfolio and at a great discount to NAV too ...With KFL u get growth stocks with option of making it either regular income or pure growth with DRP ...on top of it its at discount to intrinsic value which will cover the future fund charges ...at current rate its 8% discount to NAV ...that can cover fund charges for next 5-6 years of holding ...even if u dont get any value of few warrant issues in that time . In my personal and humble opinion its pure win win situation

PS : Tax advantages of KFL for all over 28% rate is added bonus
    Last edited by alokdhir; 18-05-2023 at 09:48 AM.

Last edited by Valuegrowth; 18-05-2023 at 08:51 PM.

NZ treasury reckons rates will stay higher for longer and houses to fall by another 4-5 %
    economists saying the budget was not spending prudent as they hoped , may force RBNZ to hike rates .... our 6% call looks possible after the budget
    one step ahead of the herd

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    NZ treasury reckons rates will stay higher for longer and houses to fall by another 4-5 %
    economists saying the budget was not spending prudent as they hoped , may force RBNZ to hike rates .... our 6% call looks possible after the budget
    Everything is possible but will it actually happen ...only time will tell ...even if OCR goes to 6% its not changing any usable rates big time ...maybe some small tinkering ...thats why no one bothers too much about that anymore . Longer part will also market not very sure part

BTW Petrol and Diesel prices in AKL started looking very close to pre covid levels ...$ 1.46 at Costco and Pak & Save ...very promising for inflation fight

Tony Alexander put out yesterday that housing will rise by 5 - 10% in the next 12 months, driven by immigration..... Brought to you by OneRoof of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Tony Alexander put out yesterday that housing will rise by 5 - 10% in the next 12 months, driven by immigration..... Brought to you by OneRoof of course....
    TA lol anyway mostly low paid immigrants i guess still have to fund a mtge just like everyone else
    one step ahead of the herd

Investments

TA lol anyway mostly low paid immigrants i guess still have to fund a mtge just like everyone else
    They are the one reducing labour shortage too which will release pressure on wages ...so it will work both ways ...immigration has both side stories ...not just inflationary side ...so it is good thing for economy to have more willing and harder working immigrants replacing Kiwis leaving for greener pastures ..

Not that I always agree with TA, but not sure what the mix of immigrants will be. The Govt extended the family & partners qualifications so grand parents can join their family here etc.
    Immigrants need a roof over their head no matter what, either rented or purchased so either way it absorbs housing stock.
    The net swing is estimated to be about 50k increase from 2022 where net NZ lost people, to 2023.

As my mate said. TA couldn't pick his nose! 😅

percy