sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Advanced Member

Caveat Emptor

Inside selling isn’t always a bad sign. Inside buying isn’t always a good sign.

Everybody make mistakes in markets.

https://hedgefollow.com/largest-insider-buys.php

Largest Insider Buys

https://hedgefollow.com/largest-insider-sells.php

Largest Insider Sells
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 03-06-2023 at 07:47 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    Inside selling isn’t always a bad sign. Inside buying isn’t always a good sign.

Everybody make mistakes in markets.

https://hedgefollow.com/largest-insider-buys.php

Largest Insider Buys

https://hedgefollow.com/largest-insider-sells.php

Largest Insider Sells

Thankyou for that information Valuegrowth.

You have told us that you have had one 50 bagger yourself.

Could you provide us with the name of this company that you personally had a 4000% return from?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Thankyou for that information Valuegrowth.

You have told us that you have had one 50 bagger yourself.

Could you provide us with the name of this company that you personally had a 4000% return from?
    Thanks.
    Isn't a 50 bagger a return of 4900%? It is interesting that Valuegrowth hasn't addressed the posts about them being an AI bot... This theory is becoming more and more likely.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Isn't a 50 bagger a return of 4900%? It is interesting that Valuegrowth hasn't addressed the posts about them being an AI bot... This theory is becoming more and more likely.

Yes you are correct, 4900%.

This is why Valuegrowth isn't responding. The Bot couldn't figure my human math mistake and the question didn't compute.

Yes you are correct, 4900%.

This is why Valuegrowth isn't responding. The Bot couldn't figure my human math mistake and the question didn't compute.
    I've yet to see anyone get a 4900% return here on ST(I could if I'd held my CHN shares till peak!!!!! doh) ..but then I'm not looking over very long term that does change the picture somewhat .. and one can use leverage and then you can really make spectacular returns ..but as usual more potential growth = more risk ... If you can handle the risk then yes the ASX has many companies that have and could do those kind of returns

...but for every one that does will be another than crashes and burns ..I de-risk by holding a diverse set of min 8x companies ..also no more than a lower percent in the real high risk x high return stocks .... I don't know anyone on here that takes as much risk as I do ...most on here get excited getting 10-20% returns PA and invest according>>>

I borrow fraction of funds invested ASX from the bank -- (just re-fixed $188k 5.99%) so this is leverage funds my company uses ....now if I reach my 100%+ return Target PA 188k turns into $376k..... costs $11,261pa to 188,000 = 1569% return on costs to loan..

Also the loan interest is fully tax deductible ...

NZ Property has been a great location to use leverage
    I once invested into buying 7x sections same street sold year later, the bank used my RES equity so all I spent on the trade was interest on the loan over the year + legal costs + advertising (I sold privately).. made 1700% on funds invested ... pretty safe trade overall ...

..more than happy to hear about these stocks or stock options with potential 50x bag returns this decade
    Last edited by JBmurc; 05-06-2023 at 11:47 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I've yet to see anyone get a 4900% return here on ST(I could if I'd held my CHN shares till peak!!!!! doh) ..but then I'm not looking over very long term that does change the picture somewhat .. and one can use leverage and then you can really make spectacular returns ..but as usual more potential growth = more risk ... If you can handle the risk then yes the ASX has many companies that have and could do those kind of returns

...but for every one that does will be another 1000 that crash and burn ..I de-risk by holding a diverse set of min 8x companies ..also no more than a lower percent in the real high risk x high return stocks .... I don't know anyone on here that takes as much risk as I do ...most on here get excited getting 10-20% returns PA and invest according>>> If you can do 20% PA you are basically the best in the world. Certainly worth getting excited about as you'd soon be worth hundreds of millions.

I borrow fraction of funds invested ASX from the bank -- (just re-fixed $188k 5.99%) so this is leverage funds my company uses ....now if I reach my 100%+ return Target PA 188k turns into $376k..... costs $11,261pa to 188,000 = 1569% return on costs to loan..

100% plus PA return target, that would turn a million dollars into 15 BILLION in 10 years.

If you could even do 30% PA you would be a world famous investor with the world trying to throw money at you.

Also the loan interest is fully tax deductible ...

NZ Property has been a great location to use leverage
    I once invested into buying 7x sections same street sold year later, the bank used my RES equity so all I spent on the trade was interest on the loan over the year + legal costs + advertising (I sold privately).. made 1700% on funds invested ... pretty safe trade overall ...

..more than happy to hear about these stocks or stock options with potential 50x bag returns this decade

If you can show me proof of CAGR over 20% let alone 100% over the last 5 years on your whole equity portfolio then you're truly a world class investor.

I know dividends aren't free and the share price is adjusted according to the payout. However, over the last few years it seems like the price recovers in record time. There was an avalanche of dividends last week, next minute we're in a monster rally.

Or maybe I'm just imagining it.

If you can show me proof of CAGR over 20% let alone 100% over the last 5 years on your whole equity portfolio then you're truly a world class investor.
    Goal of 100%+ return on capital invested ..done it couple times(and recently during the Fy) since I started trading company 2006 .. but then I'm focused on the higher risk .. my signature give a guide some I've done well with in recent times...

Generally you need to be sniffing around the nano-micro caps to get this kind of returns the companies that aren't on the radar of the Pros/Insto's generally ..

Getting good swing and even day trades helps ...

My CAGR ..not sure I did work out many years ago and it was around 20% mid last decade for the previous 10yrs..started in 06... after having a good 04/05 not being a tax paying investor

My last 4x FY gross trading profit return on Capital invested start of Fy (I've not added the extra leverage % gains on loaned funds or FX gains / losses)

23Fy = +14%

22Fy = +53%

21Fy = +99%

20Fy = +7.69%

19Fy = +1.1%

18Fy = +134%

So my Companies average gross trading profit % on Capital last 6yrs =51.465%

Over these last 6yrs I've only taken out capital ..

And yes I've had some bad years 08/09 were rough large losses .... 13/14/15 I built up over 400k in trading losses ...

Adding more Capital in 16 and been much better since

No way do I think I'm a world class trader .. just an uneducated simple guy focused on the ASX resources sector

If you want proof SR PM me your email I can send you the thousands of trades I've made over the last many years from my CMC acc
    Last edited by JBmurc; 05-06-2023 at 04:48 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu