sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    More arrogance.
    So let's get this straight.
    You made a bad assumption and said I was being patronizing.

When corrected you have the cheek to call me arrogant.

Waste of space.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    So let's get this straight.
    You made a bad assumption and said I was being patronizing.

When corrected you have the cheek to call me arrogant.

Waste of space.
    Corrected? I stand by my description of your comment as being patronizing. Apparently only you and a special elite have an understanding of quantitative easing; that's about as patronizing as anyone can get.

Well it's getting close to my bedtime and your rhetoric should do the trick nicely of getting me off to sleep. Cheers for that.

Federal Open Market Committee raised its funds rate by a quarter percentage point to a target range of 5.25%-5.5%

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/26/fed-...uly-2023-.html

each meeting is data dependant now
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Federal Open Market Committee raised its funds rate by a quarter percentage point to a target range of 5.25%-5.5%

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/26/fed-...uly-2023-.html

each meeting is data dependant now
    Yeah I listened to Powell this morning.
    Love trading around a FED decision as there is typically a lot of volatility.

My take from what he said.
    I think it's 50:50 maybe slightly higher odds that there is one more 0.25% hike. Economy to slow.
    Similar to us in housing market, with lots of mortgage holders still on low rates not wanting to sell which is putting pressure on housing stock.
    Doesn't see inflation back to range until at least 2025, but will lower rates once it sees consistent easing in inflationary pressures likely in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Yeah I listened to Powell this morning.
    Love trading around a FED decision as there is typically a lot of volatility.

My take from what he said.
    I think it's 50:50 maybe slightly higher odds that there is one more 0.25% hike. Economy to slow.
    Similar to us in housing market, with lots of mortgage holders still on low rates not wanting to sell which is putting pressure on housing stock.
    Doesn't see inflation back to range until at least 2025, but will lower rates once it sees consistent easing in inflationary pressures likely in 2024.
    i listened to gundlach on cnbc always good to hear his thoughts after a fed meeting he see's fed easing next yr

Investments

NZ Politics scene is becoming clearer with Labour's chances weakening day by day by their own infighting and clash of ideas ...Though other side is not that flash but by default they may get power to undo some economy unfriendly stuff of last few years .

That should start pulling more funds into NZ markets and our stocks chances of doing well ahead becoming brighter as sentiment will be more positive if there is a change of Govt !!

PS : If change of guard become more clear or done deal ....we may also have consecutive 13 positive days record like DOW ...

I wonder. I hope that money flows into productive assets but perhaps a change of govt will see money flowing back into property investment

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    NZ Politics scene is becoming clearer with Labour's chances weakening day by day by their own infighting and clash of ideas ...Though other side is not that flash but by default they may get power to undo some economy unfriendly stuff of last few years .

That should start pulling more funds into NZ markets and our stocks chances of doing well ahead becoming brighter as sentiment will be more positive if there is a change of Govt !!

PS : If change of guard become more clear or done deal ....we may also have consecutive 13 positive days record like DOW ...
    Climate Change Minister James Shaw confirms petrol, electricity prices will rise after carbon pricing backtrack

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...backtrack.html

more money coming out of everyone's pockets wont help economy

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Climate Change Minister James Shaw confirms petrol, electricity prices will rise after carbon pricing backtrack

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...backtrack.html

more money coming out of everyone's pockets wont help economy
    Mr Bull if Govt changes so will Climate change minister and his ways ....I thought thats the point I was trying to make ...Elementary mate