sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Is oil priced in AUD? Serious question.
    Well if you buy it in Australia it is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Watch the dollar go......
    Please provide a detailed analysis of what happened to the USD in the aftermath of the 2011 credit downgrade.

And why...

Banned

Bull**** what were you saying about Berkshires earnings earlier in the year again?

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Bull**** what were you saying about Berkshires earnings earlier in the year again?
    Not sure who you are ranting at, maybe one less coffee in the morning...

Anyway I thought this report was interesting.
    BH selling stocks & buying treasuries & cash pile growing.

I have been shorting the DOW consistently for the last few weeks. Done ok out of it so far, wouldn't be surprised to see a further 10 - 15% pullback over time.

https://fortune.com/2023/08/06/warren-buffett-economy-berkshire-hathaway-earnings-147-billion-in-cash/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Not sure who you are ranting at, maybe one less coffee in the morning...

Anyway I thought this report was interesting.
    BH selling stocks & buying treasuries & cash pile growing.

I have been shorting the DOW consistently for the last few weeks. Done ok out of it so far, wouldn't be surprised to see a further 10 - 15% pullback over time.

https://fortune.com/2023/08/06/warre...llion-in-cash/
    At bull**** the 12 screen trading guru.

Berkshire cash pile isn't growing as a percentage of firm assets, has been around the same for 20 years.

Berkshire bought net 41 billion of equities in Q1 2022 right before market tanked and then sold net all through the rally.

But market timing isn't difficult.

To be clear regarding your post, nothing has changed at all with Berkshire, just media has zero clue.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    part of being a sucessful investor is being allowed to change your views or opinions when - ever you want but anyway obviously the view was at the time and now my view is buffett da man he beat inflation in his operating earnings

the rest was thx to the ai rally as apple is in that grp and is a huge holding for buffett which helped lift the prior investment losses ... anyway the stock has underperformed the sp500 so far again this yr so being invested in sp500 etf would have been a better bet in hindsight again so i still dont get why you would be so heavily invested in berkshire when sp500 etf is doing better the last 5yrs of the top of my head
    one step ahead of the herd

Guys, let's not argue the small stuff. The important thing is we've all made a ton of money this year doing next to nothing. That's what's important.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    part of being a sucessful investor is being allowed to change your views or opinions when - ever you want but anyway obviously the view was at the time and now my view is buffett da man he beat inflation in his operating earnings

the rest was thx to the ai rally as apple is in that grp and is a huge holding for buffett which helped lift the prior investment losses ... anyway the stock has underperformed the sp500 so far again this yr so being invested in sp500 etf would have been a better bet in hindsight again so i still dont get why you would be so heavily invested in berkshire when sp500 etf is doing better the last 5yrs of the top of my head
    Berkshire Hathaway class A shares have risen 71% over the last 5 years
    The SP500 has risen 58% over the last 5 years.

But let's say hypothetically Berkshire's share price underperformed the SP500 during this time period, shouldn't this make you even more inclined to be invested in Berkshire?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post

Oh really? Apple and AI increased Berkshire operating earnings?

Theres a lot of things you don't get old boy. Pays to think sometimes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Berkshire Hathaway class A shares have risen 71% over the last 5 years
    The SP500 has risen 58% over the last 5 years.

But let's say hypothetically Berkshire's share price underperformed the SP500 during this time period, shouldn't this make you even more inclined to be invested in Berkshire?
    Yeah and what nobody, and I mean nobody understands is that the sp500 performance is multiple expansion.

Berkshire is earnings per share growth.