sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Interesting the swathe of Blackrock SPH notices on the nzx this morning, not from purchases but all that I checked were in-specie transfers from Aug 8th. Notices all now removed, not just redacted or corrected but vanished. But they didn’t appear to be mistakes.

I was busy digging into annual reports to look for who had comparable holdings that could have handed them over. I was only two deep when they disappeared, but there appeared to be one holder who held very similar amounts of both companies, at record time for annual reports. Not exact, but allowing for some minor movement..

ACC.

Update: ACC’s SPH notice for THL released this afternoon, seems to prove my theory false.
    Last edited by Watchful; 10-08-2023 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Further info

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Watchful View Post
    Interesting the swathe of Blackrock SPH notices on the nzx this morning, not from purchases but all that I checked were in-specie transfers from Aug 8th. Notices all now removed, not just redacted or corrected but vanished. But they didn’t appear to be mistakes.

I was busy digging into annual reports to look for who had comparable holdings that could have handed them over. I was only two deep when they disappeared, but there appeared to be one holder who held very similar amounts of both companies, at record time for annual reports. Not exact, but allowing for some minor movement..

ACC.

Did NZ govt just hand over management of ACC funds in return for the election sweetener 2bn renewables fund?
    There were a lot of 'in specie' transfers, but the ones I looked at had buys/sells as well. Weird though that all of the announcements have been removed!

Yes true, should have said there were some buys/sells mixed in the ones I saw, but they looked fairly routine, and the large transactions seemed to be the in specie ones.

Here comes the retraction notice finally, too.

To be fair, because the notices disappeared so quick while I was digging, I had to go off memory for a couple of the numbers, and there were a few other holders in that ballpark that potentially lined up, forbar etc. but ACC looked the most likely from the two holdings I managed to check before they vapourised.

The links still appear to work, I just opened the OCA one through jarden - http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...077/400064.pdf

Winston Peters is back in latest poll result with NZ First hitting 5.8%

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...rst-hitting-58

one step ahead of the herd

percy

Guru

All is not well in China... deflation, unemployment, risk of a population collapse in the future.

US President: China a ‘ticking time bomb’ over economic problems.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/b...lems-rcna99397
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 12-08-2023 at 06:53 AM.

………..not relevant
    Last edited by winner69; 12-08-2023 at 06:36 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”