sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    All is not well in China... deflation, unemployment, risk of a population collapse in the future.

US President: China a ‘ticking time bomb’ over economic problems.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/b...lems-rcna99397

Meanwhile in NZ - a ‘ticking time bomb’ over economic problems.

Deep in Debt up to our ears, COL, Inflation, Interest, Housing, Crime, Roading, Infrastructure, Export markets & Governance issues

and a Govt potentially facing a landslide out on the back of 5.5 years gross incompetence giving rise to many of the issues

At least Ryman fixed their issues at great cost .. without any help from wannabe Nelson Fiscal advisers
    Last edited by nztx; 12-08-2023 at 06:37 PM.

I also was worried. After listening to it, my worry disappeared. After all, it’s not the end of the world even if there is a recession,stagflation or deflation.

They know markets are over valued, but not timing the market. They are also constantly looking for attractive value stocks like me. In addition to going against the diversifcation, they invest for the long run as well. Intelligent investors will look for attractive stocks which are trading below the market price and trading below the prices of peers in the sector in a situation like today. As I said before, I am not going to pay historically very high PE ratio for stocks when I can find attractive low-leveraged dividend champions, value and neglected companies with long term potential in markets. Currently, my few stocks are beating world markets. As I said, my portfolio is filled with defensive stocks and most of the time, I’m fully invested while re-balancing my portfolio periodically. Good luck for you trading!

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Weekends are meant to be worry free …now you’ve got me worried …esp for our mate Rob
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 12-08-2023 at 06:44 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    I also was worried. After listening to it, my worry disappeared. After all, it’s not the end of the world even if there is a recession,stagflation or deflation.

They know markets are over valued, but not timing the market. They are also constantly looking for attractive value stocks like me. In addition to going against the diversifcation, they invest for the long run as well. Intelligent investors will look for attractive stocks which are trading below the market price and trading below the prices of peers in the sector in a situation like today. As I said before, I am not going to pay historically very high PE ratio for stocks when I can find attractive low-leveraged dividend champions, value and neglected companies with long term potential in markets. Currently, my few stocks are beating world markets. As I said, my portfolio is filled with defensive stocks and most of the time, I’m fully invested while re-balancing my portfolio periodically. Good luck for you trading!

Doesn't look like he's worried any more

The last 12 months have attracted a worry free option here .. irrelevant but then a low exposure to things sliding & sagging

The proof on this course can be measured in many NZX share prices against where they were ..
    Last edited by nztx; 12-08-2023 at 06:49 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post

Don't some think the answer on our local turf is NTL or was it OCA ?

NZ dairy auction results a shocker ... more downgrades coming to milk payout soon i reckon and hence more downward pressure on economy from less farmer spending. add in china issue's as well to that down ward pressure

https://www.globaldairytrade.info/en/product-results/

Last edited by bull....; 16-08-2023 at 07:47 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Recession shouldnt be too far away now, as the pull back in housing starts, new orders and profits start to impact hiring and spending intentions. The seek data this week showed hiring intentions down already. Once employment comes off we should see tax receiepts down further and govt forced to pull back spending a bit. House prices should start to dip below pre-covid levels in 2024?

All pretty gloomy stuff. Should be some great opportunities coming on the nzx tho.

Hopefully that's the end of anymore talk about Ocr hikes.

We will just have to suck up the imported inflationary pressure.

Time to look after our farmers. The $$$ that are going to be lost in export earnings and tax take are becoming material.