I reckon invest long in one or more of these:

Nvidia
    Microsoft
    Meta
    Tesla
    Apple
    Amazon
    Alphabet
    There should be an ETF with these as the primary holdings (>10%) - though no harm in buying them directly and making them primary holdings in your portfolio.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by strikereureka View Post
    There should be an ETF with these as the primary holdings (>10%) - though no harm in buying them directly and making them primary holdings in your portfolio.
    What I'm trying to figure out now - and it's extremely difficult - is what stock can be found that will enter the Big Seven group, and maybe even eclipse those within it? The "unknown" A.I. play. It's out there for sure.

Guru

Won't the big corporates just buy out the most promising candidates.. ie google with deepmind and microsoft with openAI.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 18-08-2023 at 03:26 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Won't the big corporates just buy out the most promising candidates.. ie google with deepmind and microsoft with openAI.
    Yes, good point, but maybe not all of them.

Banned

OpenAI itself maybe - they could go public. But I'm looking for something that I - at this point - don't know exactly what I'm looking for. A Dell when it started trading, before it became big Dell, for example.

Evergrande files for bankruptcy in USA. No surprises there….

On the back of Country garden warning of a £6bln loss for first 6 months of the year last week….

China not looking pretty
    Last edited by workingdad; 18-08-2023 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    What I'm trying to figure out now - and it's extremely difficult - is what stock can be found that will enter the Big Seven group, and maybe even eclipse those within it? The "unknown" A.I. play. It's out there for sure.
    Hard to break into sectors with strong moats (or monopolies to be precise) - these guys have pricing power.

I would've thought one of the Chinese tech firms like Baidu, TenCent or Alibaba might be the next big thing, but there's quite a lot of geopolitical and/or accounting/compliance challenges.

Looking at the US - maybe PLTR or IBM (a rise from the ashes)?

There's the Fang plus index.
    https://www.ice.com/fangplus

The Vanguard MGK ETF holds around 94 stocks but the 7 you refer to make up 56.6% of the portfolio, otherwise as you suggested, buy them individually in weightings you prefer.

https://investor.vanguard.com/invest...e/mgk#overview

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    There's the Fang plus index.
    https://www.ice.com/fangplus
    Thing to watch out though is that the plus implies there is leverage involved, so not for the faint of heart.

It's also not available on IBKR or Hatch, but there are similar types of leveraged ETFs.