sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Job market is still strong. Its resilient has surprised many economists. On top of that investors and traders are continue to make capital gain. In addition, after covid-19 tourism has rebounded world wide and PATA forecast robust annual tourism growth in Asia pacific destinations. There are still investment opportunities in out of favour areas or less known areas. Recssion is getting postpone. When everybody thinks about recession is coming in 2023, it is not going to happen. People have been talking about a recession for two years. It will come when we are least expected and suddenly. IMHO high asset prices need a correction for a sustainable run exception is undervalued assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    I'm pretty worried about New Zealand actually - a proper recession could hit. Like a bad one. People out of work and no money, that sort of thing.

The US, I'm not so sure, re a bad recession. But the US stock market is a bit hot, with too many boats rising with the A.I. tide.

I did the same as snoops. I came up with a conservative 45 maybe 50. The level of humility on st is nonexistent now. Ive a few good dinners out off the hound and co in the past. Literally things I could see no downside on. Whats out there now?
    Last edited by mike2020; 19-08-2023 at 09:29 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    I did the same as snoops. I came up with a conservative 45 maybe 50. The level of humility on st is nonexistent now. Ive a few good dinners out off the hound and co in the past. Literally things I could see no downside on. Whats out there now?

The level of humility on st is nonexistent now. Ive a few good dinners out off the hound and co in the past. Literally things I could see no downside on. Whats out there now?

What does this mean? Struggling to follow.

I think Mike is referring to the user beagle (hound)that had a good nose for a deal and was willing to share their insights.. which in turn was profitable (dinners out).
    I might have misunderstood but that's my assumption anyway..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbuyit View Post
    I think Mike is referring to the user beagle (hound)that had a good nose for a deal and was willing to share their insights.. which in turn was profitable (dinners out).
    I might have misunderstood but that's my assumption anyway..

Yeah makes sense now. Mike is saying there is no humility left here, but he advised the Dog on some opportunities that could not fail and the pooch paid him with dinner.

You cracked the code. All this long winded oca quantum float theory hasn't put a breeze in anyone's sails has it. I have the trailer hooked up to the ute but I just can't get it into reverse.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    The NZ stock market. I am referring to my Kiwi Saver which I don't manage but switch from one asset class to another periodically.
    So you opted to ignore a US-weighted KiwiSaver fund during a massive bull run. Top-notch, you are!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    You cracked the code. All this long winded oca quantum float theory hasn't put a breeze in anyone's sails has it. I have the trailer hooked up to the ute but I just can't get it into reverse.

Quantum float theory?

Yes it's working perfectly, the very last thing I want is the share price rising. In fact as with all of my holdings I want the share price falling.

If I was given all of the businesses I own a part of, for free, I'd be the richest man in the world by far.

So if I can buy more closer to free then better then further away from free...

Really simple stuff...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    So you opted to ignore a US-weighted KiwiSaver fund during a massive bull run. Top-notch, you are!

Yeah he struggles bigly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    So back on ignore for you.
    Can you ignore yourself?