sharetrader
Page 16 of 1898 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026661165161016 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Dead right mate and if they go up by another 300% I'll be back in the blue.
    Coutts ,you are a real eccentric--I hope no one is taking you seriously as it is dangerous---did you get around to reading post #64?

Those who bought big awhile back are the real smart ones--they bought CASH with SHARES

Guru

The buying drought is over ...It's raining (dead?) cats and dogs now

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    The buying drought is over ...It's raining (dead?) cats and dogs now
    That's got to be the post of the entire thread...LOL absolute classic. Suckers rally or dead cat bounce take your pick.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Coutts ,you are a real eccentric--I hope no one is taking you seriously as it is dangerous---did you get around to reading post #64?

Those who bought big awhile back are the real smart ones--they bought CASH with SHARES
    Hey Skid I bought TTk at $2.80 and SLi at $2.25 so I'll let you do the maths to see if I'm serious or not, its not dangerous its just honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hey Skid I bought TTk at $2.80 and SLi at $2.25 so I'll let you do the maths to see if I'm serious or not, its not dangerous its just honesty.
    Aussie market looking ok considering. Stocks like FXL up a nice amount. Dead cat bounce?

I agree Hoop, I think selling opportunity. ASX200 is up over 5.5%!
    The more I think about it, the more I think about what is happening around the oil market and how the global economy has been built on oil.
    That risk with oil is still out there & coal obviously.
    Lots of debt, lots of derivatives.
    China is really the only reason the global economy has any semblance of growth in the last seven years.
    Maybe we need a real meltdown as propping up markets and bail outs just defer the problem and nothing changes and nobody learns.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Handsome Member

Thanks for some of the advice, I think once I actually posted on this thread I seem to have gotten a few replies from people who are holding/buying. Prior to that all I was reading was gloom and it kind of made me think twice (am I really doing the right thing when everyone else is selling) But as NZsilver/Roger have noted, I am not in a hurry to get access to the funds. I may actually look at purchasing a few more this week. I have learnt a few things from people on this site in the past couple weeks, thanks to them as well.

That's a blow for The World According to Andrew Little - the Australian sharemarket has gone up....

What is Buffett doing?

Guru

ASX up 2.1%, NZX 50 down less than 0.5%, one of the biggest market swings I have seen, not surprising because things "were getting silly"... expecting NZX to be in the green by the end of the day (we've already moved up 2%, lets move up another 2!)

Correction 2.6%... hard to keep up..
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 25-08-2015 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Glad to see its recover alot of ground lost yesterday!