sharetrader
Page 176 of 1908 FirstFirst ... 761261661721731741751761771781791801862262766761176 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 19072

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

So back to the grindstone--we have alot of earnings coming up in the US--It will be interesting to see how they go.
    There seems to be some disagreement on the fundamentals of the US economy--Earnings will help to paint a clearer picture--then its just a matter of whether the share markets start looking at fundamentals instead of groveling at the feet of Janet.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    So back to the grindstone--we have alot of earnings coming up in the US--It will be interesting to see how they go.
    There seems to be some disagreement on the fundamentals of the US economy--Earnings will help to paint a clearer picture--then its just a matter of whether the share markets start looking at fundamentals instead of groveling at the feet of Janet.
    Or....looking forward as Mr Market has done these last 12 months...treat the recent earnings trend weakness as a short term downward blip before the next big up wave of earnings..

been a great couple of months but I do wonder if it will last. Not making any doomsday predictions but theres been enough global uncertainty to make me take stock.

Anyway, todays herald.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11617625

Banned

Warren Buffet said once "Don't be afraid when the share is down, but be afraid when the business is down"

Media creates and finds new stories to scare and stir the market, then the market over reacted....all just for their own benefits...selling stories.

Guru

They say that this is the second longest (or thrid - can't remember which) bull run ever.
    Obviously there is a longest and I always wonder what they were saying about that when it was on the way up.
    They speak as if it isn't possible to have a longer run than the current logest - like it is some rule.

But it does have to stop at some stage - they always do!

Agreed with the media and having had dealings with them know they rarely get it right but that aside they have the power to lead a flock whether we like it or not.

I don't think any length is self limiting just because of how long it runs for, it comes down to what's driving it. It's the fundamentals below that can be overlooked and I enjoy reading up on both sides perspectives.

I haven't been in the market for long and learning as we go so perhaps a bit more cautious than others. My greenie perspective is that we are in a global economy that is not in great shape or reflects continued growth.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    When I pressed your statement (thinking it was a link)I came to a site selling womens sunglasses

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    When I pressed your statement (thinking it was a link)I came to a site selling womens sunglasses
    I think this was as intended ... the glasses to buy were pink !
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I think this was as intended ... the glasses to buy were pink !
    Ahhhhhhhh...I get it now

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    been a great couple of months but I do wonder if it will last. Not making any doomsday predictions but theres been enough global uncertainty to make me take stock.

Anyway, todays herald.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11617625
    And when the NZ RB drops the OCR again what will happen to NZ share market?
    Go up/down?
    What would they like the NZD exchange rate to do?
    Go up/down?