sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yep nailing a price point on an index a yr ahead of time is pretty good. obviously too do it repeatably is another story as you have highlighted. As for listening too these people its no different to you listening to or reading your fav fund managers report.
    I don't listen too anyone. I listen to them though if they have outperformed the market significantly for 15 years plus.

So I fink veri difrent

Think about it bovine discharge, one the one hand you have a talking head that we know nothing about how they're investing or what their track record is.

On the other we have a recorded history of both.

Veri difrent, u not that ignerint.
    Last edited by SailorRob; 29-12-2023 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    I don't listen too anyone. I listen to them though if they have outperformed the market significantly for 15 years plus.

So I fink veri difrent

Think about it bovine discharge, one the one hand you have a talking head that we know nothing about how they're investing or what their track record is.

On the other we have a recorded history of both.

Veri difrent, u not that ignerint.
    i prefer to listen to random people on the internet for idea generation. they way out-perform fund managers who only perform to bonus levels
    one step ahead of the herd

here some people views for next yr

Australia narrowly avoided recession this year — what these experts think will happen in 2024

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-...sion/103073948

Harbour Asset Management's Hamish Pepper and Chris Di Leva look ahead into 2024 keeping their distance from the usual focus on tail risk, but with an eye on opportunity and a sober assessment of actual risks

https://www.interest.co.nz/investing...d-2024-keeping

Banned

i prefer to listen to random people on the internet for idea generation. they way out-perform fund managers who only perform to bonus levels
    Can you provide the data to show that random people on the Internet way outperform fund managers.

Thanks bovine

Can you provide the data to show that random people on the Internet way outperform fund managers.

Thanks bovine
    yep bull predicted his random opinion on sharetrader nasdaq had bottomed in december last yr, predicted meta as his top us stock , predicted bonds were a good bet 2 mths ago ..... many similar bulls around on internet random dudes who do better than sailors fund managers lol . there your data bovine anyway nearly time to go on holiday
    Last edited by bull....; 29-12-2023 at 09:45 AM.

Banned

yep bull predicted his random opinion on sharetrader nasdaq had bottomed in december last yr, predicted meta as his top us stock , predicted bonds were a good bet 2 mths ago ..... many similar bulls around on internet random dudes who do better than sailors fund managers lol . there your data bovine anyway nearly time to go on holiday
    Holiday? From what?

What was your 2023 return across whole net worth bovine?

Banned

Instead of making predictions about what's already happened and making tons of predictions and then harping on about the few that came true...

What are your main predictions about 2024 that are not priced in, i.e. Contrarian that I can remind you about in future.

Lost yer bottle?

Instead of making predictions about what's already happened and making tons of predictions and then harping on about the few that came true...

What are your main predictions about 2024 that are not priced in, i.e. Contrarian that I can remind you about in future.

Lost yer bottle?
    ive already mentioned 2 and of course they play into 24 at the moment until data says otherwise. bonds falling and small caps ( if you get the right one. they benefit from lower rates ) and here's one more for you that hasnt happened yet NZ rbnz will lower rates next yr not in 25 as they are saying. lets see if im right in my caLC guessing. i would ask you for yours but of course you dont have any as your fund managers are still working it out. anyway time to go. us closed.

Banned

ive already mentioned 2 and of course they play into 24 at the moment until data says otherwise. bonds falling and small caps ( if you get the right one. they benefit from lower rates ) and here's one more for you that hasnt happened yet NZ rbnz will lower rates next yr not in 25 as they are saying. lets see if im right in my caLC guessing. i would ask you for yours but of course you dont have any as your fund managers are still working it out. anyway time to go. us closed.
    So the most consensus priced in predictions that every single person is harping on about? Great stuff.

No comment on how much you lost this year?

If, as you claim, you can make money off 'any chart, anywhere, anytime' why do you have to 'go' when the US markets close?
    Last edited by SailorRob; 29-12-2023 at 10:43 AM.

I agree Bull re the RBNZ, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see a rate cut around mid 2024.
    Slashing of Government spending, climbing unemployment & more mortgages rolling onto the higher rates is going to see the economy deteriorate further.
    Higher dollar will also weaken export prices whilst taking the edge of imported inflation such as oil.

Markets however could play out differently, I.e NZX I think may start out the year weak for the first quarter & then start to anticipate lower rates.