sharetrader
Page 1877 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 87713771777182718671873187418751876187718781879188018811887 ... LastLast
Results 18,761 to 18,770 of 18997

Thread: Black Monday

more record highs . would have been much higher again if not for apple falling 5% odd anyway see markets pricing very high chance of rate cuts starting from june.
    nikkei is the best market this yr though
    one step ahead of the herd

No worries …saw this headline - An economist believes the double dip recession means the Reserve Bank (RBNZ) will slash rates by a full percentage point this year.

More than market priced in of 75 basis

Punters love rate cuts …NZX could be the place to be this year
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

from asb bank today

The size of the economic pie per New Zealander isbarely any bigger than it was in late 2019 (only about half a percent or so). There’s been an economic deceleration inmuch of the world, but the tumble in GDP per capita since mid-2022 has been particularly chunky here. In headlineterms, NZ’s post 2016 economic growth has been impressive relative to many of our peers, but the same can’t be saidfor per capita growth. The gulf in our post-2016 per capita GDP growth with the USA is wider than ever and nowrunning behind the Aussies as of this quarter.

Economists and policymakers need to think seriously about how toaddress the economy’s longstanding and chronic issues – low productivity, poor infrastructure and insufficientvalue-add in many of our key export sectors – or the consequences will not be pretty.
    one step ahead of the herd

Yeah per capita growth has fallen 3.1% and individual purchasing power dropped 4.8% in the last year. Thanks covid lockdowns, an over reliance on China and poor decisions by policy makers driven by politics and simple incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No worries …saw this headline - An economist believes the double dip recession means the Reserve Bank (RBNZ) will slash rates by a full percentage point this year.

More than market priced in of 75 basis

Punters love rate cuts …NZX could be the place to be this year
    Time to buy reits, utilities and high dividend yield stocks

Bonds should do ok. I have bought some long dated bonds pre-xmas, should get some decent upside on these when RBNZ panic cuts back to zero.

If this doesnt work I will be super slutted, whats the point in knowing stuff about economics and maths if it doesnt make you any money

These bonds have been a tough hold, so boring and no movement yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Leemsip View Post
    Bonds should do ok. I have bought some long dated bonds pre-xmas, should get some decent upside on these when RBNZ panic cuts back to zero.

If this doesnt work I will be super slutted, whats the point in knowing stuff about economics and maths if it doesnt make you any money

These bonds have been a tough hold, so boring and no movement yet...
    Yes agree bonds is a good bet leading into the down part of the interest rate cycle.

Ha my mate YOLO'd into TMF at the end of last year with the same mindset. Not so happy now

AAPL. DOJ can go screw themselves. They have no right to remove my ability to tell when a poor person texts me
    Last edited by causecelebre; 22-03-2024 at 11:21 AM.

Guru Mark from Craig’s says -

“We don’t want to see the economy struggle, but if it leads to a reprieve on the interest rate front, then it could give the economy a boost and give the sharemarket the shot in the arm,”
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”