sharetrader
Page 1889 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 88913891789183918791885188618871888188918901891189218931899 ... LastLast
Results 18,881 to 18,890 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

hot CPI , initial market reaction savage on the downside. june rate cut disappearing. anyway time to play fortnite and watch the action lol the team awaits
    Last edited by bull....; 11-04-2024 at 12:38 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    hot CPI , initial market reaction savage on the downside. june rate cut disappearing. anyway time to play fortnite and watch the action lol the team awaits
    I have had a 6-figure short on the ASX Index since Feb 16th, it would be nice to observe my market prediction take place - I am certainly not getting a lot of profit elsewhere since exitting GTK at $5.99 for a 45% ROI.

ERD is a train wreck, SML has continued to be a basketcase since they started on their PC clean green machine garbage approach to running a company, THL will be great long term but has not shone through, and SAN has done the opposite of what I thought it would do since buying at the start of COVID.

Fortunately, my ASX investments have kept my head above water and my reputation with my wife intact.

Just gimmie 10%, oh please kind sir, I deserve some bread and water too
    Last edited by visionary; 11-04-2024 at 01:03 AM. Reason: More to say, now I go to play

It's been a good few days playing from the short side, however have learnt when short take profit even if leaving money on the table.

Dare I say it, does a rate hike come back to the table? Unless their is peace in the mid/east it's hard to see oil coming back any time soon.

I always thought it was mad that the US was talking nearby cuts when their stock markets were screaming higher to new records every day or so.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    It's been a good few days playing from the short side, however have learnt when short take profit even if leaving money on the table.

Dare I say it, does a rate hike come back to the table? Unless their is peace in the mid/east it's hard to see oil coming back any time soon.

I always thought it was mad that the US was talking nearby cuts when their stock markets were screaming higher to new records every day or so.
    all the money was made in the 15mins after announcement , pretty choppy after that. Im surprised your not following the short term trend down. historicaaly days before tax due date are normally down i believe and got PPI tomorrow. but i get sometimes better to take whats given
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by visionary View Post
    I have had a 6-figure short on the ASX Index since Feb 16th, it would be nice to observe my market prediction take place - I am certainly not getting a lot of profit elsewhere since exitting GTK at $5.99 for a 45% ROI.

ERD is a train wreck, SML has continued to be a basketcase since they started on their PC clean green machine garbage approach to running a company, THL will be great long term but has not shone through, and SAN has done the opposite of what I thought it would do since buying at the start of COVID.

Fortunately, my ASX investments have kept my head above water and my reputation with my wife intact.

Just gimmie 10%, oh please kind sir, I deserve some bread and water too
    Hard to make money on the NZX at the mo... Im mostly ASX
    What stocks and themes are you playing on the ASX?

all the money was made in the 15mins after announcement , pretty choppy after that. Im surprised your not following the short term trend down. historicaaly days before tax due date are normally down i believe and got PPI tomorrow. but i get sometimes better to take whats given
    In and out twice in quick time has worked very well so far.
    Will look to re-enter again at some point.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

https://www.reuters.com/breakingview...ve-2024-04-10/

"The stock price of China Tianrui Group Cement plunged 99% in 15 minutes before Hong Kong’s stock market closed on April 9, slashing the Henan-based cement maker’s market value to only HK$141 million from HK$14.6 billion ($1.9 billion)."

Last edited by Valuegrowth; 11-04-2024 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    The stock price of China Tianrui Group Cement plunged 99% in 15 minutes[/IMG]
    geez, that makes SML's 94% drop in 5 Years look good eh!

I guess that depends on if you prefer a death by a thousand cuts or by guillotine though....

IMO

Japan has taken 34 years to reach its peak from back then , in the last few days! Deflation has been its problem most of the time.