sharetrader
Page 202 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 1021521921981992002012022032042052062122523027021202 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    This thread has been going since 23-8-2015 and proves that the saying "after all said and done,there is more said than done"is correct.
    This is a great thread, especially when going back too see all the gloomy comments. I think as long as I buy good shares I will be "safe". They may not be the best performing in the short term but long term they will outperform the gloom....I hope

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    This is a great thread, especially when going back too see all the gloomy comments. I think as long as I buy good shares I will be "safe". They may not be the best performing in the short term but long term they will outperform the gloom....I hope
    Exactly, I think the goal isn't to predict where the market is headed or if we think there is going to be a crash. As long as we find and invest in value and capitalize on the inefficiencies in the market we should be fine - and if we aren't I guess the rest of the world will be following right behind us hahaha.
    Last edited by Ace; 15-06-2016 at 02:49 PM.
    Toward his critics, the artist harbours a defensive ace: knowledge that the future will erase the present.

If you have $100m, you are rich, but if everyone has $100m, you are poor.

If shares drop in value and you're playing the long game you haven't lost anything if the company can survive a downturn and respond to changing markets.

However, it's useful to be able to predict drops because they present opportunities for long term investors or problems for short term investors.

21/8/15 - nzx 50 5751.19
    15/06/16 - nzx 50 6869.55

dow bounced of the bottom of the 3mth channel 17500 odd, beautiful price action needs go above 17750 I reckon to track back to the top at 18000 around
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post

If shares drop in value and you're playing the long game you haven't lost anything if the company can survive a downturn and respond to changing markets.

However, it's useful to be able to predict drops because they present opportunities for long term investors or problems for short term investors.
    Exactly--In other words ''you cant have your cake and eat it too'' Assuming you get shares in a good company ,being able to see when the odds are in favor of a drop or gain will determine how many of those shares you get ,for X price....Joe Shmoe, who waited, will end up with more shares
    to enjoy when the times are good.
    ''If you have 100m and most others lose some of theirs --you are really rich''

On my rounds and just a little behind..

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    If you have $100M and lose it, then you are Mike Tyson! :-)

But seriously, I think its the potential Brexit Trump combination thats got some going. Soros seems to think there's going to be carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    dow bounced of the bottom of the 3mth channel 17500 odd, beautiful price action needs go above 17750 I reckon to track back to the top at 18000 around
    The sad and horrific killing of Jo Cox could swing the vote to remain ....and allay the fears of a Brexit

Might be risk on times again - the pound has already rebounded

Your 18000 seems certain i reckon.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The sad and horrific killing of Jo Cox could swing the vote to remain ....and allay the fears of a Brexit

Might be risk on times again - the pound has already rebounded

Your 18000 seems certain i reckon.
    Sad but true. Brexit had all the momentum. A mental health patient is going to change the course of history. Not for the first time

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Sad but true. Brexit had all the momentum. A mental health patient is going to change the course of history. Not for the first time
    Yeah, we live in interesting times don't we?