sharetrader
Page 242 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 1421922322382392402412422432442452462522923427421242 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

UK/European banks taking a beating. RBS and Barclays hit the circuit breakers in early trading.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    So what is it's function ?.

Apart from producing " hot air ".
    Its basic function is to ratify trade agreements. See http://www.europarl.europa.eu/ftu/pdf/en/FTU_1.3.2.pdf

Note that it has budgetary and control powers, involvement in treaty revision and its right to intervene before the European Court of Justice. Note that there is no mention of legislative powers, because it simply doesn't have any.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Its basic function is to ratify trade agreements. See http://www.europarl.europa.eu/ftu/pdf/en/FTU_1.3.2.pdf

Note that it has budgetary and control powers, involvement in treaty revision and its right to intervene before the European Court of Justice. Note that there is no mention of legislative powers, because it simply doesn't have any.
    Thanks for that.

Not having much interest in them I have not given any time to it.

As I said.. " hot air ".

Is it them that shift premises every six months at a cost of millions ??

Missed by that much

Thanks for that.

Not having much interest in them I have not given any time to it.

As I said.. " hot air ".

Is it them that shift premises every six months at a cost of millions ??
    I knew almost nothing about them till a week ago either. Then I watched this doco https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0 and learned a lot. It is entertaining as well as informative.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    I knew almost nothing about them till a week ago either. Then I watched this doco https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0 and learned a lot. It is entertaining as well as informative.
    Thanks . Will try to find the time..

With Brexit causing chaos with the EU and Banks everywhere having their backs to the wall.

One little piece of good news.. That two faced sly cur ( not you George ).. Er dog an has apologised and said " sorry ". for shooting down the Russian war plane.

The Turkish economy must be in really deep trouble..

Advanced Member

Blimey, today didnt go too well on the markets. Pound taken another beating and European markets failing to hold their ground. Might have to go to Marks and Spencers website and take advantage of their free shipping; Airlines, Banks and home builders smashed.
    How long will it be before London house prices begin to slide? I guess in a sense they already have. The average london property is already 50,000 pounds cheaper than it was a couple of days ago, for foreign buyers at least.
    Last edited by ratkin; 28-06-2016 at 04:22 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Blimey, today didnt go too well on the markets. Pound taken another beating and European markets failing to hold their ground. Might have to go to Marks and Spencers website and take advantage of their free shipping; Airlines, Banks and home builders smashed.
    How long will it be before London house prices begin to slide?
    The mansions have been sliding for some months now..

Was going to buy.. However.. could only find a few in Central London with room for four Rollers..

Where would my wife and kids park ???

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Except in 2015 the public voted in the conservatives knowing the issue would go to referendum
    ..would go to a non-binding referendum, which leaves the ultimate decision for parliament.

Guru

Could that be because the more highly educated are warm and comfortable with the status Quo ?

Whether it is correct or not ..
    As opposed to what is starting to happen in the UK with companies issuing revenue warnings and laying off staff? Guess which sector of society will be hardest hit - the less educated. The qualified London bankers have international skills and will be able to follow their firms to Paris, Dublin or Frankfurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    ..would go to a non-binding referendum, which leaves the ultimate decision for parliament.

Yes and I just love the pound..making serious money on this baby and helps all us kiwi visiting UK as well. So much easier than making a buck on AIR.