sharetrader
Page 251 of 1905 FirstFirst ... 1512012412472482492502512522532542552613013517511251 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 19042

Thread: Black Monday

Advanced Member

Farage sticking the fingers up at the Eu summit this morning. Would be amusing if it wasnt so tragic
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...byn-confidencehttp://www.theguardian.com/politics/...byn-confidence

hint
    - there is as well a thread about the BREXIT ... might be better to post this stuff over there ...
    http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...p?10622-Brexit

another hint: not sure, whether there is a thread about snapper & Co, but maybe the fish lovers should create one ...

third hint: this thread is called "Black Monday" and part of the NZX discussions

admission: I sinned previously as well ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Candidate for Diplomat of the Year
    http://www.firstpost.com/world/none-...t-2861482.html

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Fishing...
    Last edited by arc; 29-06-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Fishing...
    If you're good at it you can get 1 kilo of fillets for every 3 kg's of whole snapper so that's effectively $41.97 per kg of fillets after a lot of detailed filleting work.

Own a nice launch at Auckland's Westhaven marina and catch your own ? Rumour down there is the average cost per kilo of snapper caught is $820

Just buy the fillets of a more reasonably priced fish and save yourself a ton of money !

What's all this got to do with the price of fish anyway Oh, I see the markets are up overnight, goody.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-06-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    If you're good at it you can get 1 kilo of fillets for every 3 kg's of whole snapper so that's effectively $41.97 per kg of fillets after a lot of detailed filleting work.

Own a nice launch at Auckland's Westhaven marina and catch your own ? Rumour down there is the average cost per kilo of snapper caught is $820

Just buy the fillets of a more reasonably priced fish and save yourself a ton of money !

What's all this got to do with the price of fish anyway Oh, I see the markets are up overnight, goody.

UK will be fishing for new deals... "bad pun"
    The markets are showing remarkably short attention spans, or is this just a lull before the storm?

Perhaps the new negotiations will mean the price of prime NZ lamb will be even cheaper in their supermarkets, it was cheaper there than here a while ago...

Ouch...totally expected but... the claws are coming out.

from the page linked in thep posts above.
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...byn-confidence
    Angela Merkel and other European leaders, meeting for the first EU summit since last Friday’s result, ruled out any special favours for Britain yesterday, insisting there would be no “cherry-picking exercise” in the exit negotiations.

In a speech to the Bundestag ahead of the summit on Tuesday, the German chancellor said: “There must be, and there will be, a palpable difference between those countries who want to be members of the European family and those who don’t.”

These words have been echoed by other EU leaders including Italy’s prime minister, Matteo Renzi. Xavier Bettel, prime minister of Luxembourg, added that the UK could not have a Facebook-style “it’s complicated” status with the rest of the EU: Britain could have “marriage or divorce, but not something in between”.
    Last edited by arc; 29-06-2016 at 10:35 AM.

"What's all this got to do with the price of fish anyway Oh, I see the markets are up overnight, goody."

The cats limping but its still alive....just

I see mr farage mentioned nz and australia are fighting to be the first to get a trade deal with Britain
    see brexit is good

Well, my nz portfolio looks better than it did on thursday. So what's the fuss?

My us stock hasnt recoverd and im being doubly hit with the nzd/ usd. But despite that i am overall better off than a week ago.

Maybe i can afford a nice fillet afterall

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Well, my nz portfolio looks better than it did on thursday. So what's the fuss?

My us stock hasnt recoverd and im being doubly hit with the nzd/ usd. But despite that i am overall better off than a week ago.

Maybe i can afford a nice fillet afterall
    This is going to be a long drawn out story which favours traders rather than investors, go get that fish before your portfolio changes direction again:-)