sharetrader
Page 253 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 1532032432492502512522532542552562572633033537531253 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Own a nice launch at Auckland's Westhaven marina and catch your own ? Rumour down there is the average cost per kilo of snapper caught is $820 .
    My wife once asked me if fishing was more cost effective than just buying the fish at a shop. I was honest and said it was terribly expensive in comparison, she smiled and said it was probably cheaper than other hobbies* and at least we got some fish to bring home.

(* eg anything involving racing internal combustion engines, sailing, skiing, scuba or anything else I'm interested in)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    My wife once asked me if fishing was more cost effective than just buying the fish at a shop. I was honest and said it was terribly expensive in comparison, she smiled and said it was probably cheaper than other hobbies* and at least we got some fish to bring home.

(* eg anything involving racing internal combustion engines, sailing, skiing, scuba or anything else I'm interested in)
    Rep is this you and your mates ?

Four married guys go fishing for the weekend. After an hour, the following conversation took place:

First guy: "You have no idea what I had to do, to be able to come out fishing this weekend. I had to promise my wife that I will paint every room in the house next weekend."

Second guy: "That's nothing; I had to promise my wife that I will build her a new deck for the pool."

Third guy: "Man, you both have it easy! I had to promise my wife that I will remodel the kitchen for her."

They continue to fish, when they realised that the fourth guy hasn't said a word.

So they asked him. "You haven't said anything about what you had to do, to be able to come fishing this weekend. What's the deal?"

Fourth guy: "Wow, you guys sure make it hard for yourselves! All I did, was set my alarm for 5:30 am. When it went off, I shut the alarm off, gave the wife a little slap on the ass, and said, "Fishing or sex," and she said, "Don't forget to wear sunblock."

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Gold, if you are really worried.
    Been there, done that, exited to go into graphite and lithium, doing better with the smaller companies, thank goodness for the Aussie miners.
    I agree on the re-balance plan. time to prune the UK stocks before EU sharpens the knives. I see the next 2 years for UK as a slippery slope.
    Last edited by arc; 29-06-2016 at 02:33 PM.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well today I gave a lot back to the market.
    About half of what I gave back at 9/11.
    Then it took about a month for my portfolio to recover,and then steadily increase.
    I wonder whether it will take less than a month this time?
    6days and 10 pages of postings later.
    Are we there yet?
    h2

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    hint
    - there is as well a thread about the BREXIT ... might be better to post this stuff over there ...
    http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...p?10622-Brexit

another hint: not sure, whether there is a thread about snapper & Co, but maybe the fish lovers should create one ...

third hint: this thread is called "Black Monday" and part of the NZX discussions

admission: I sinned previously as well ...
    Well it was a good distraction.

Was it Couta a la Barra who said he was going fishing while all this was going on?
    h2

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Fishing...
    Hey that snapper will cost you $45 fillited.

How good at filleting are you?
    h2

Hunting for Heuristic trends

That's the supermarket price, I usually catch my own snapper from a small dinghy about 300 meters offshore. gotta love the Coromandel peninsula

So is that it for the brexit... or is this a dead cat bounce,
    every stock on my list appears to be up..

The sad-news stories keep on rolling.
    Vodafone head office is considering leaving Britain to relocate within the EU.
    Last edited by arc; 30-06-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    Hey that snapper will cost you $45 fillited.

How good at filleting are you?
    Im proud owner of Weber BBQ & so I smoke my snapper ( also hopeless at filleting )

Re market, I figure bounce wont last much longer so am selling out of shares I purchased Monday.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    6days and 10 pages of postings later.
    Are we there yet?
    Depends on if this is the real drop and if so ,will there be blips along the way---Is this a Kitty Cat?

Some say the market likes to suck in as many as possible before taking--It could be business as usual,but Im always amused at the idea that ''not making quite enough money'' is reason to risk it all.

Guess one just has to look and decide if everything is stacking up now--Is all well?--do we need corporate profits,or can they fiddle enough for another rally.
    Last edited by skid; 30-06-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Depends on if this is the drop and if so ,wilkl there be blips along the way---Is this a Kitty Cat?
    Doesn't "feel" like a DCB to me. Feels more like the drop has happened as a "Oh-my-God-what-have-they-done" moment with now a slow return to business as usual. But what would I know.