sharetrader
Page 254 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 1542042442502512522532542552562572582643043547541254 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

what do any of us know?Im just going by the fact that often the real falls are accompanied by fake rises along the way--so with that in mind ,its a bit early to make ''alls well'' calls.--There are a multitude of things to work out over there--are we really going to assume the separating from the EU and possibly a separation of the UK and other EU counties leaving is just a short lived panic situation and all will be well---that just doesnt feel right to me---If the short term panic doesnt feel right --could it just be because we are so used to status quo of things always bouncing back--I think all suspect that some day they just wont----maybe not now ,but some day -month-year-there will be another 50% drop to shake things out---I just hope it doesnt take the banks with it.

I guess I have the luxury of not having to squeeze every cent out of the capital I have so can afford to think more of protecting and sacrificing future profits--I realize that is not an option for all,and after all is the goal of share trading.
    Last edited by skid; 30-06-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Membaa

It all about the Brexit non-event, risk-on! Ye Har. Don't mention http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...nancial-system some sobering quotes from the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Im just going by the fact that often the real falls are accompanied by fake rises along the way--so with that in mind ,its a bit early to make ''alls well'' calls.
    Yes, I don't disagree, I would not be surprised to see another fall in the next few weeks. But if I had to pick whether to "stay or to go", I'm picking "stay". I'm not really a trader - I moved a while ago to cash up some of my shares and nothing about Brexit makes me inclined to sell more, in fact I bought a few on Friday at closing. One way or another, I'd guess that Britain and Europe will compromise their way to a new position that doesn't really address any of the underlying problems with Europe but allows everyone to carry on more or less as before - that is the one thing they are really good at.

....if everyone is waiting to take advantage of the next big market crash the crash won't come.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    6days and 10 pages of postings later.
    Are we there yet?
    Yes,and I did not buy or sell anything.!!

People do not get EU and UK unless you work/live there or have access across society to what is happening there. UK has a lot of challengers but don't think the remaining EU hasn't got equally large economic challenges ahead. The market will continue to react and this is really the easy bit to judge the market as little has change yet on the economic front and key stats. The initial over reaction was a rare opportunity to make money, it will only get harder from here on in.

what a stunning week down nearly 1000pts on the dow 2 days and now up nearly 1000pts next 3 days wow great stuff for trading not the heart rate though a lol, anyway says it all it was a non event for everyone but the uk anyway in the short term.
    going by all the fish talk here guess most people were reeling them in, but I think not lol weeks like this only the minority do well.
    one step ahead of the herd

Been hell of a week.

NBR commentator summed it best on Brexit/Independence Day : 'Financial markets reacted in an overwrought manner, much like when Britain reacted on death of Princess Diana".

Ok if you did not buy but sad if anyone sold out in panic, fanned by the CNN, CNBC and the likes.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

The is still a lot of "sentiment" going around

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/30/brexi...ock-soros.html
    "First, it unleashed a crisis in the financial markets, comparable in severity only to 2007/8," he said, adding that while this has been unfolding in slow motion, Brexit will accelerate it and reinforce deflationary trends that were already prevalent.
    Last edited by arc; 01-07-2016 at 12:55 PM.

Gee, what an amazing three day rally, and its still going. Would have been painful to have been cashed up and watching that from the sidelines.