sharetrader
Page 255 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 1552052452512522532542552562572582592653053557551255 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

“One way or another, I'd guess that Britain and Europe will compromise their way to a new position that doesn't really address any of the underlying problems with Europe but allows everyone to carry on more or less as before - that is the one thing they are really good at.”

I completely agree with this. Moreover, unlike some other countries, tribes and cultures they are not going to declare war each other as they have the experience and memory of the First World War and Second World War. For example even Russia maintained some restraint when Turkey shot down their Russian Plane.

World has two wars now namely economic (financial) war and political war. Still nobody has fixed them once and for all. Therefore, time to time we have to expect some geopolitical crisis and economic crisis in the future too. These types of crises make some investment opportunities as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Yes, I don't disagree, I would not be surprised to see another fall in the next few weeks. But if I had to pick whether to "stay or to go", I'm picking "stay". I'm not really a trader - I moved a while ago to cash up some of my shares and nothing about Brexit makes me inclined to sell more, in fact I bought a few on Friday at closing. One way or another, I'd guess that Britain and Europe will compromise their way to a new position that doesn't really address any of the underlying problems with Europe but allows everyone to carry on more or less as before - that is the one thing they are really good at.

Guru

It's all good no worries....
    Once we had Monetary Easing (great news of the Equity markets) which was able to kick start the economy..

When that method lost it's potency the Central Banks got our their untried monster 2 edge sword called QE (fantastic news for the Equity markets) and swung that around ..(thanks Ben I owe you a beer.. the market was very nice to me $$$)

..now that method is losing it's potency....

..but no worries...

"helicopter money" is next on the list and its already on its way + another US rate cut being priced in ...Ultra fantastic for equity markets....

Hmmm.......hang on a minute... did I see Major Douglas and the Social Credit Movement get mentioned..
    Last edited by Hoop; 02-07-2016 at 01:24 PM.

Sure, but biggest three day rally since 2011. For five years. When markets go on a tear, no amount of head and shoulders tea candling and chocolate caking is going to let anyone know in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    It's all good no worries....

Hmmm.......hang on a minute... did I see Major Douglas and the Social Credit Movement get mentioned..
    Recall the name Social Credit from when I was a kid, but who was Major Douglas ?? Was he Rogers dad ?

Guru

Default Another rant

Quote Originally Posted by kura View Post
    Recall the name Social Credit from when I was a kid, but who was Major Douglas ?? Was he Rogers dad ?
    ...nice piece of humorous logic but No ... try Google.

An interesting observation with History... it seems when a subsystem gets the wobbles, a crowd forms to abandon it for an unorthodox untried subsystem...which is very strange thinking as it would be common sense to tweak to improve the old subsystem rather than causing complete disharmony in introducing an alternate subsystem.

Major Douglas ideal (an unorthodox system) was to give economic democracy back to the people...effectively giving people the power especially purchasing power without causing inflation....Economists poo pooed the philosophy...

Looking at the outcome of the Brexit referendum shows you just how economically scary it can be to give any sort of power back to the people....making the masses capable of destabilizing their own Country's System..that could take months for the negative effects to start showing and years before those negative effects slowly dissipate....If this is a UK war with the European Union you have to question who is UK's enemy
    Last edited by Hoop; 02-07-2016 at 08:40 PM.

...nice piece of humorous logic but No ... try Google.

An interesting observation with History... it seems when a subsystem gets the wobbles, a crowd forms to abandon it for an unorthodox untried subsystem...which is very strange thinking as it would be common sense to tweak to improve the old subsystem rather than causing complete disharmony in introducing an alternate subsystem.

Major Douglas ideal (an unorthodox system) was to give economic democracy back to the people...effectively giving people the power especially purchasing power....Economists poo pooed the philosophy...

Looking at the outcome of the Brexit referendum shows you just how economically scary it can be to give any sort of power back to the people....making the masses capable of destabilizing their own Country's System..that could take months for the negative effects to start showing and years before those negative effects slowly dissipate....If this is a UK war with Europe you have to wonder who is the UK's enemy
    Equally bad to have politicians in charge of any sort of power. Those guys DO NOT know what they're doing. They sure are good at politics though, sometimes.

Looking at the outcome of the Brexit referendum shows you just how economically scary it can be to give any sort of power back to the people....making the masses capable of destabilizing their own Country's System..that could take months for the negative effects to start showing and years before those negative effects slowly dissipate....
    Not sure I agree with this - and I'm a NZ and EU citizen (not British) who is very much a "Europhile" who enjoys travelling unimpeded and is dismayed at the British withdrawal from the EU. Sometimes the politicians and the other clever people are incapable of doing or even seeing what needs to be done and it needs a greater breadth of people to point out the obvious. Basic things like patriotism, social identity etc, while often unsavoury are also fundamental to society.

Legend

Looking at the outcome of the Brexit referendum shows you just how economically scary it can be to give any sort of power back to the people....making the masses capable of destabilizing their own Country's System..that could take months for the negative effects to start showing and years before those negative effects slowly dissipate..
    Precisely. The though of citizens referendums on matters like this is frightening.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Precisely. The though of citizens referendums on matters like this is frightening.
    So we leave all decisions to the Trumps. Clinton's. Tony Blair's. Helen Clarke's. George Soros.. Obama's. Yeltsin's..

Or perhaps just the Rothchild's ???

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    So we leave all decisions to the Trumps. Clinton's. Tony Blair's. Helen Clarke's. George Soros.. Obama's. Yeltsin's..

Or perhaps just the Rothchild's ???
    I think the issue here is that you have a small group with a lot of wealth and alot of power over political issues as a result.. look at the American presidential race.. statistically speaking the candidate with the most money usually wins..where does this money come from do you think?

And you would expect a return on your investment right?

But this leaves the majority left out and left behind on the issues that matter to them.. Auckland housing is a good example of this

So what happens when the majority are forgotten about for long enough? you get these kinda results when suddenly the people get a say.. if you look at the political climate in Britain before this vote I think your see a lot of the social issues were being blamed on the control from the EU.. politicians looking for something to blame other than working to fix the issues perhaps? Or not beneficial to the select few maybe