sharetrader
Page 262 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 1622122522582592602612622632642652662723123627621262 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

also remember stocks are very cheap relative to bonds
    one step ahead of the herd

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    the US share market is certainly steaming ahead--but is the US economy?---Bubbles are hard to predict except in hindsight.---Greed has been winning the rounds so far though--but if the direction changes its going to suck in a hellava lot of people who think that this pattern is permanent.--Interesting times

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    the US share market is certainly steaming ahead--but is the US economy?---Bubbles are hard to predict except in hindsight.---Greed has been winning the rounds so far though--but if the direction changes its going to suck in a hellava lot of people who think that this pattern is permanent.--Interesting times
    Greed and the reliance on QE and central banks to throw money at it....

I agree though, I am being careful of late after cashing up earlier in the year and dabbling here and there, got caught up in some AIR shares which haven't proven to be the best decision of late but they are coming right. I'm ready to take advantage of a bust scenario if it happens but the resilience shown thus far makes me question the imminence of it....

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Greed is always a driver! I think the the psychological positive of Brexit proving a financial crisis fizzer coupled with the U.S. July job figures being well ahead of expectation and that bond yields are so poor has lead this surge. Now, what would happen if there was a positive turnaround in US stock earnings?

Does anyone here study Elliot Wave?

I was just looking at the S&P500 weekly chart and see an A,B,C formation starting in June 2015 and it looks like it's now ended which could mean we are in for quite a big move upward. This could be the beginning of wave 5 of the recovery which started during the GFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    Greed is always a driver! I think the the psychological positive of Brexit proving a financial crisis fizzer coupled with the U.S. July job figures being well ahead of expectation and that bond yields are so poor has lead this surge. Now, what would happen if there was a positive turnaround in US stock earnings?
    We will be finding out very soon and with a lot of companies being somewhat conservative in estimates I think earnings will meet or exceed market expectations but in saying that, I think the bubble is forming and has been for a while.....

Advanced Member

Did the coup in Turkey happen after the DOW closed? Region will go into chaos if they cannot regain control of the country
    Last edited by ratkin; 16-07-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Did the coup in Turkey happen after the DOW closed? Region will go into chaos if they cannot regain control of the country
    Is this the seventh coup or putsch in Turkey since wwII?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    Does anyone here study Elliot Wave?

I was just looking at the S&P500 weekly chart and see an A,B,C formation starting in June 2015 and it looks like it's now ended which could mean we are in for quite a big move upward. This could be the beginning of wave 5 of the recovery which started during the GFC.
    This guy does, with a very optimistic outlook for SP500. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/its...-11?link=MW_TD

And his charts here https://www.elliottwavetrader.net/sc...607101312.html