sharetrader
Page 27 of 1905 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137771275271027 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

The fact that oil hasn't done anything really & in fact WTI was down, doesn't give me any confidence that this is over, by a long chalk.
    Previously Shale producers would have been able to hedge forward 12 months and get a profitable price, but now the 12M future on WTI is only $45.
    Sure $7 higher than spot, but still not profitable for a lot of producers.
    Banks with debt must be sweating blood at the thought of what they have exposed to this industry.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

IMO

Yeah saw that on CNBC. IF it is right, too early to be back in energy stocks .

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I've donated FAR more than enough in brokerage this week after some serious portfolio weeding so I won't be buying this rally and donating even more...who's to say there isn't an even more spectacular fall tomorrow ?

I think its actually quite addictive...clicking the mouse and trading the market and trying to beat it and even at ANZ securities 0.2% rate of $29.90 per $15,000...you add it up and see how much you paid last year / month or whatever timeframe you want to use.
    0.2% is better than my 0.3% with ASB. So if you do a $30,000 trade at 0.2%=$60, and my $30,000 trade costs $90 with ASB. Correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    LOL, Roger.

Anybody worried about brokerage is obviously making the wrong trades! Its pretty easy to skim 2-3% here or there, so 0.4% round trip is peanuts.
    LOL indeed NG Anyone not honest enough to admit they've taken "a hit" this week is full of it as is anyone who thinks they know for sure which way Wall St goes overnight tonight.

I'm with Datyr...Oil is the most widely consumed commodity in the world and the fact that it hasn't materially risen from multi year lows bodes poorly for global economic growth...the demand simply isn't there...

But if you think today's rally on the NZX is here to stay and more...fill ya boots mate, I am sure your broker will be happy
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-08-2015 at 09:54 AM.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    0.2% is better than my 0.3% with ASB. So if you do a $30,000 trade at 0.2%=$60, and my $30,000 trade costs $90 with ASB. Correct me if I am wrong.
    That's correct. It's 0.3% with ANZ share and bond trading too. It's only 0.2% with ANZ securities if you have cash in the multi currency account.

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/dire.../ourrates.aspx

Thanks Roger

Oh really, haha I didn't. I don't even have TV!
    But it does seem to be an under reported story in my view, the debt I mean, particularly considering its significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yeah saw that on CNBC. IF it is right, too early to be back in energy stocks .
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

IMO

Commision has never been cheaper. Its tax deductive for you traders. The smell of money is all that matters huh.Something for nothing yeah right ....pass me a tui.

nice open on the nzx - as warren buffet says buy when others are panicking lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Be greedy while others are fearful and fearful while others are greedy - as the saying goes

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Commision has never been cheaper. Its tax deductive for you traders. The smell of money is all that matters huh.Something for nothing yeah right ....pass me a tui.
    The simple point I am making is if you allow yourself to be churned by the ever increasing volatility of the market it adds up over time.