sharetrader
Page 28 of 1906 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238781285281028 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by tzbang View Post
    Be greedy while others are fearful and fearful while others are greedy - as the saying goes
    Unless it is a bear market. Today might be a good day to offload those low conviction positions you may hold.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    That's correct. It's 0.3% with ANZ share and bond trading too. It's only 0.2% with ANZ securities if you have cash in the multi currency account.

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/dire.../ourrates.aspx

Thanks Roger
    Thanks nextbigthing. I have spent thousands on fees at .3% with ASB securities in the last 14 months . I will be phoning them today to see if they can match ANZ. If not ANZ here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    LOL indeed NG Anyone not honest enough to admit they've taken "a hit" this week is full of it as is anyone who thinks they know for sure which way Wall St goes overnight tonight.
    I can say I haven't taken a hit. Non of my stop losses were triggered so I have sat out the last few days out. Portfolio as at last night still up 14% (ex dividends) on prior year so I don't see a need to lock in losses by selling.

I have no idea what will happen on wall Street tonight. I'm not worried and if my stop loss is triggered I'll take the hit. I generally don't sweat the day to day ups and downs as I'm not a day trader.

It is fun sitting on the side lines and watching though.

Yes GR8DAY the Tauranga property market is red hot. On that note I have a rental there (Papamoa) that Im selling that has good returns. Going on Market next month. Two separate dwellings on one property (title). Was my first home, as a home an income property. If your serious or anyone else for that matter, send me a private message so this thread doesnt get of track and i can send more info.

Most of my investments are medium to long term plays, so I'm not particularly worried unless the slide continues. All are still in the black, with one only just!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I can say I haven't taken a hit. Non of my stop losses were triggered so I have sat out the last few days out. Portfolio as at last night still up 14% (ex dividends) on prior year so I don't see a need to lock in losses by selling.

I have no idea what will happen on wall Street tonight. I'm not worried and if my stop loss is triggered I'll take the hit. I generally don't sweat the day to day ups and downs as I'm not a day trader.

Are you willing to share your positions ????

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post

And I am in the same position, although, I think my portfolio is up tad more than yours (including dividends though). One of my shares is on a loss in the U.S. (aal) but overall my gains on Npx, air, Thl and a UK stock (ALNT) which is under a takeover bid put my portfolio on the positive.

i had intended to buy some SKL but instead, I have decided to go on a property fact finding trip to Queenstown as I have taken the opportunity to transfer some funds from usd to NZD.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    LOL indeed NG Anyone not honest enough to admit they've taken "a hit" this week is full of it as is anyone who thinks they know for sure which way Wall St goes overnight tonight.

I'm with Datyr...Oil is the most widely consumed commodity in the world and the fact that it hasn't materially risen from multi year lows bodes poorly for global economic growth...the demand simply isn't there...

But if you think today's rally on the NZX is here to stay and more...fill ya boots mate, I am sure your broker will be happy
    Actually - the demand for oil is increasing - check the latest EIA stats ... https://www.iea.org/oilmarketreport/omrpublic/

Just remember all these additional gas guzzlers GM sold over the last year (their best year ever - selling mainly top of the line, i.e. thirsty vehicles).

Only problem is - the oil supply is increasing still faster than the oil demand. The interesting question is how long this gap will grow with reduced exploration.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Hunting for Heuristic trends

The starters gun has certainly gone off...
    AIA is running

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Are you willing to share your positions ????
    all price up (Inc one nyse holding up 20%) except CEN and RYM. SKT also down and only holding on by the skin of its teeth due to divi yield. That may go in next day or so.