sharetrader
Page 293 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 1932432832892902912922932942952962973033433937931293 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Should have sold, when the charts told you to ...

Anyway, depending on your risk appetite it might be sensible to wait until we know the outcome of the US election before deploying new capital. Sure - if Hillary wins, than a good time to buy might be now, but what if Trump wins?
    In that case, I would look at the aerospace/defence indices. After all, there will be a need for increased US expenditure on controlling civil unrest.

Anyway, depending on your risk appetite it might be sensible to wait until we know the outcome of the US election before deploying new capital. Sure - if Hillary wins, than a good time to buy might be now, but what if Trump wins?
    I don't really care about charts...
    Anyway i only invest spare money into stock markets. Time horizon is about 20 years.
    Basically every month % of my household income goes into NZ/US/China stock markets.
    So i tend to buy good company with reasonable price and just hold it. Only sell them when fundamental changes.
    If NZ market keep dropping then my next few rounds of new capital will buy some good NZ companies to create a more diversified NZ portfolio.

Trump wins then bear, bare, beer then bier
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

For interest sake @BlackPeter, when exactly did the charts say sell, for the companies Stevevai1983 mentioned? TIA.

SKC: bang!

TIL: bang!
    SUM: bang!
    SCL: not bad

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Trump wins then bear, bare, beer then bier
    No need to look for an excuse to drink bier ... but honestly - if Trump wins, than I think I need something stronger!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

No need to look for an excuse to drink bier ... but honestly - if Trump wins, than I think I need something stronger!
    Agree with your thoughts BP, definitely something stronger but this is what I meant by bier https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bier with that loose cannon in charge of the nuclear codes..may God have mercy on our souls.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I'm picking that it'll keep going down until very early next year. If Hillary wins, it'll be a small uptrend then continue down. It'll pick up again early mid next year after a round of good announcements when people realise that there are actually bargains of well performing companies.

... If Trump gets in, however... It will be down, down, down with a small bump on good announcements next year (2017), then it'll entirely depend on what damage he causes. There will be generally more fear as he makes outlandish statements. Difficult to predict beyond that.

Personally, my gut says that he'll get into power

On the plus side, there'll be some bargains around for the smart investor.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    For interest sake @BlackPeter, when exactly did the charts say sell, for the companies Stevevai1983 mentioned? TIA.

SKC: bang!

TIL: bang!
    SUM: bang!
    SCL: not bad
    SKC: first warning when SP fall n early September through the MA50 (SP roughly $4.84) and final warning when it passed in mid September the MA200

TIL: first warning when SP played in September around the MA50 (SP roughly $4.50) and final warning when it passed in late October the MA200 (around $3.65);

SUM: I sold after passing the MA50 and more after passing the MA100. Increased however somewhat close to the MA200 (which may or may not turn out to be a mistake);

SCL: apparently not an issue, though selling at the MA50 and buying at the MA 200 would have been cool ...

Discl: hold SUM ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    IF Trump gets into power will he be Hard Trump or Soft Trump? (apologies to Hard Brexit/ Soft Brexit)
    what if Trump gets in but Democrats win the Senate big time and he cant really do much--Then there will be tantrum Trump--Cant think of a worse case scenario for a narcissist to be blocked at every corner.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    IF Trump gets into power will he be Hard Trump or Soft Trump? (apologies to Hard Brexit/ Soft Brexit)
    With his type of Bi-Polar personality he can be hard-trump in the morning and soft-trump in the afternoon. The personality profile suggests narcissism and unresolved anger mixed together.
    What more could you want in a world leader.

What if Americans vote and they come out with a vote of NO-CONFIDENCE... wouldn't that be interesting ( yes, I know they dont have that option on the forms but perhaps they should introduce it, in a time when either option is unwise you need a method of cleaning the slate and starting again)
    Last edited by arc; 04-11-2016 at 05:29 PM.