sharetrader
Page 294 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 1942442842902912922932942952962972983043443947941294 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 18994

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    With his type of Bi-Polar personality he can be hard-trump in the morning and soft-trump in the afternoon. The personality profile suggests narcissism and unresolved anger mixed together.
    What more could you want in a world leader.

What if Americans vote and they come out with a vote of NO-CONFIDENCE... wouldn't that be interesting
    There is ofcourse the possibilty of impeachment on constitutional grounds(when he stuffs up big time)..but then you would have Pence(OMG!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    IF Trump gets into power will he be Hard Trump or Soft Trump? (apologies to Hard Brexit/ Soft Brexit)
    My guess:

If Trump wins the future will be a fair bit uncertain (as to where he will take the country)
    If Clinton wins the future will be a fair bit of uncertain (about her ability to fulfill the role given the ongoing scrutiny she is under)

Either way, the future will be more certain post-election than it is today, as no one yet knows who will preside. So, as has happened in the previous US elections, the share market will recover once the winner is known irrespective of who it is imho.

In saying this, if Trump is victorious, I think the initial reaction will likely be a one week slump across the bourse in general (like happened with Brexit) until the media get over it and normality returns. If Clinton wins, I think there will likely be a small recovery in the 1st instance but 'normality' might take a very long time to return given the ongoing investigation(s) she is under.

In my view the worst case is a tie, or an election result that is contested ad nauseam.. which will drag the current level of uncertainty on and on.

Membaa

The elected US president is not decided solely on the popular vote (ref Al Gore), the senate and the congress have powerful roles to play. This could go on for weeks or months even after the election is over. Meantime, the markets would be in turmoil as the battles continued.

I'm picking this coming Monday to be black Monday. Markets are nervous due to uncertainty about the US election. I reckon more negative news about Hillary Clinton will emerge this weekend which will be the trigger for the selloff monday.

Just my 2c :-)
    Last edited by corran; 04-11-2016 at 07:05 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by corran View Post
    I'm picking this coming Monday to be black Monday. Markets g=are nervous due to uncertainty about the US election. I reckon more negative news about Hillary Clinton will emerge this weekend which will be the trigger for the selloff monday.

Just my 2c :-)
    yep theres rumours some big bombshell gonna come from weakileaks shortly - time will tell if its just L-O-S if its real could be
    one step ahead of the herd

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yep theres rumours some big bombshell gonna come from weakileaks shortly - time will tell if its just L-O-S if its real could be
    There's every chance Trump will be the next to get some unwanted publicity. I have no doubt there's a heap of bad news Trump stories just waiting to be told.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    There's every chance Trump will be the next to get some unwanted publicity. I have no doubt there's a heap of bad news Trump stories just waiting to be told.
    For me the question is - If you had a knock-out punch story re Trump when would you release it?

My guess is that if you had such a story and were either looking to maximize the revenue from selling it or the political impact of releasing it, you probably would have done so already. To me this indicates there won't be a knock-out punch story. One, or several stories about someone Trump screwed over in his past - yea there's a good chance around that.
    Last edited by Scrunch; 04-11-2016 at 07:55 PM. Reason: clarity

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    For me the question is - If you had a knock-out punch story re Trump when would you release it?

My guess is that if you had such a story and were either looking to maximize the revenue from selling it or the political impact of releasing it, you probably would have done so already. To me this indicates there won't be a knock-out punch story. One, or several stories about someone Trump screwed over in his past - yea there's a good chance around that.
    Good summation, while the scuttlebutt emerging right now is all about a knockout punch for Clinton. Fascinating drama, the establishment versus the anti-establishment, though neither are particularly appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The elected US president is not decided solely on the popular vote (ref Al Gore), the senate and the congress have powerful roles to play. This could go on for weeks or months even after the election is over. Meantime, the markets would be in turmoil as the battles continued.
    A "hung" electoral college would be the worst scenario. Either from Ed Mullins winning Utah and holding the balance of power or some Republican "electors" refusing to support Trump following a future scandal, either scenario could plunge the US and markets into chaos for months.

My money is on Hillary sneaking home but without a mandate and house/senate to get much done. A recipe for further paralysis but not chaos.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    A "hung" electoral college would be the worst scenario. Either from Ed Mullins winning Utah and holding the balance of power or some Republican "electors" refusing to support Trump following a future scandal, either scenario could plunge the US and markets into chaos for months.

My money is on Hillary sneaking home but without a mandate and house/senate to get much done. A recipe for further paralysis but not chaos.
    The Herald has an interesting article today along these lines referring Al Gore vs GW Bush in the 2000 election. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news...ectid=11742867