sharetrader
Page 302 of 1922 FirstFirst ... 2022522922982993003013023033043053063123524028021302 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 19218

Thread: Black Monday

IMO

yeah i never believed Roger was a yawning bored beagle as he claimed ; he was/is a pointing quivering hunting beagle ramrod straight cashing up and chasing his tail (but on the mat)
    Skid you've been cashed up along time ? Except for the unfortunate experiment called AIR? Could be a great bounce coming up with the republicans likely controlling everything; tax concessions etc ; just got to time it right

Guru

There is going to be alot of deals around tomorrow... already a few around today, eg HBL and GNE

Hard to understand why it will affect companies like HBL and GNE who are essentially NZ only businesses... likely another repeat of brexit... I would be worried about a few NZ businesses, such as F&P Healthcare (with that mexico tax and their manufacturing being in Mexico)

Wish I had more cash to capitalize on retail panic!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    yeah i never believed Roger was a yawning bored beagle as he claimed ; he was/is a pointing quivering hunting beagle ramrod straight cashing up and chasing his tail (but on the mat)
    Skid you've been cashed up along time ? Except for the unfortunate experiment called AIR? Could be a great bounce coming up with the republicans likely controlling everything; tax concessions etc ; just got to time it right
    Yes,although I have still retained my interest in the Share Market ,I have been watching what I consider ominous signs in markets in general,to the point that Im content to miss out on gains in Lew of capital preservation--There are 2 sides to most share purchases--will the share appreciate?-And will the general market gain or at least stay the same? I dont feel comfortable with the latter so Im going with the patient approach.
    So far alot who have taken the risk have benefited. Maybe this situation the market will shake off as well---but Im content to wait for a nice Bull market to come along. AIR was an exception that didnt work out --exited with a small loss,but was'nt going to wait around ages for it to come right (all the while wondering if that outside market bear was going to lift its ugly head)

Yep ,could be a bounce(its that timing it right that is a bitch)---I would imagine you will see a very different Trump now(to stop the blood) But it will be an uneasy relationship,even with his own party.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    There is going to be alot of deals around tomorrow... already a few around today, eg HBL and GNE

Hard to understand why it will affect companies like HBL and GNE who are essentially NZ only businesses... likely another repeat of brexit... I would be worried about a few NZ businesses, such as F&P Healthcare (with that mexico tax and their manufacturing being in Mexico)

I got rid of HBL a few weeks back (and transferred the funds to ANZ) - again it gets back to my comments of having too many eggs in the NZ basket. Anyone who went through 1987, with a 44% drop in the NZ market, will understand what I'm saying here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post

Macro events affect all stocks, HBI and GNE don't have exemption cards and nor should they.

fair point Couta1

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post

the majority of the most powerful country in the world are on board with him as their leader..
    Not necessarily - Trump could win the electoral college vote, but with Clinton winning the popular vote. That would make the situation even worse by creating a huge social divide within the country.
    Last edited by Zaphod; 09-11-2016 at 08:38 PM.

Ready for a big bloodbath tomorrow

Guru

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/08/stock...ight-race.html

Already Dow futures have halved losses and are down around 300 points... could even get back to 18k after all this panic, meaning the NZX 50 going down 3.3% (vs futures down less than 2.2%) was, potentially, a large over reaction

Hopefully the further retail panic will allow me to top up

Banks and Energy stocks ready to rally (in the US at least...)
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 09-11-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Oh man, what should i be buying tomorrow!