sharetrader
Page 305 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 2052552953013023033043053063073083093153554058051305 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Looks like Donald is starting by making the Dow Jones great again.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    So its business as usual?-How many would have picked anything that happened yesterday?(incl the share market) that either means the share market can only appreciate...or anything can happen---(didnt see his speech--he must have calmed a few nerves)--No one really knows where America is going ,but markets dont care?
    Markets probably liking the certainty of the election being over and a clear result. Add to that the believe by some commentators that the stock market will actually do well under Trump once you cut behind all the rhetoric. Trump is a wealthy man and I'm sure he intends to stay that way so he needs to instill confidence and his speech did that by promising economic growth and prosperity.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I bought some of Rogers yesterday. Just another Brexit.
    U.K. 4% of the global economy, USA 22%, 5 1/2 times the size. Trump calling for protectionist trading policies, lumping 45% tariffs on anything out of China.
    TPPA is dead in the water. Putin looking to make friends with America but contemporaneously looking to expand their territory and what of China's overt expansion plans in the south China sea ?
    Interesting times ahead. One conciliatory speech doesn't set the tone for his presidency. Actions speak louder than words and I believe he's a loose cannon. Lets see how this plays out mate.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-11-2016 at 08:38 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    US markets Closing in on all time high

No worries

(Weird how the world seems to believe all the media hype Bout the world ending)
    dow jones record high today possible pretty amazing comeback 1000pt turnaround overnight fu.... amazing
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan View Post
    Maybe markets will rebound in the short term, but my concern is what's going to happen in the next year or so when Trump's policies, and also Brexit, take effect. That's when the real impact on the market will be known, right? Not the sudden, knee-jerk reactions at the time of the events.
    This is the post of the day:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    U.K. 4% of the global economy, USA 22%, 5 1/2 times the size. Trump calling for protectionist trading policies, lumping 45% tariffs on anything out of China.
    TPPA is dead in the water. Putin looking to make friends with America but contemporaneously looking to expand their territory and what of China's overt expansion plans in the south China sea ?
    Interesting times ahead. One conciliatory speech doesn't set the tone for his presidency. Actions speak louder than words and I believe he's a loose cannon. Lets see how this plays out mate.
    Rodger..do a fact check on yourself..

Guru

Dow up close to 300 points, and nearly within a 100 point range of an all time high, making it near 1200 point swing in the past 24 hours...

This is just no fun! PS, If anyone still wants to panic sell a few HBL at $1.37, please let me know

us markets going gangbusters because trump gonna spend big on infrastructure, tax cuts etc all very pro growth for the us
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

I agree with all you say and have a finger just as close to the sell button as the buy button. In the short term have been buying up....will let you know after market opens.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    us markets going gangbusters because trump gonna spend big on infrastructure, tax cuts etc all very pro growth for the us
    Yes, just wondering where Trump will take the money to pay for this big spending spree. The US debts are already unsustainable high and Trump promised to significantly cut taxes (instead of increasing them). Who do you think is going to pay for his promises?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)