sharetrader
Page 311 of 1899 FirstFirst ... 2112613013073083093103113123133143153213614118111311 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 18990

Thread: Black Monday

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    It been a great year to buy against the fear factor...twenty seven years investing this has been the easiest year to make money although the risk have never been so compelling.
    Too right.
    I have never had a year when I have traded so much.
    I never buy a stock with the intention of trading-Its always with the intention of buying a stock to provide the best dividend return to allow me to do the things I want to do in my retirement .
    However when a stock falls so much for reasons that are unlikely to affect future dividends I have to readjust my portfolio.
    Net effect is that I am nearly max on my margin lendings and overweight in shares like CEN so I cannot retire until the sp recovers!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    It been a great year to buy against the fear factor...twenty seven years investing this has been the easiest year to make money although the risk have never been so compelling.
    Stands to reason--If your taking a greater risk ,you should be getting a bigger payout.

Guru

I reckon theres less and less reasons for the Fed to postpone interest rate rise--It will be interesting the affect that it will have (if it happens) will the market shrug it off as with everything else?

Interest rate rise has been baked in for ages.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Interest rate rise has been baked in for ages.
    The mere mention of it often sends markets in a spin...we'll see--(Its a step in the opposite direction of easy money and no decent alternative to equities

Guru

Thumbs up Another day, another record

I was wondering if this thread was still around...

Wall Street continues to rise, oil jump no doubt helping today.

So much for a raise in interest rates cancelling the party... now fully priced in and expected.

wall st looking good brushed off Italy referendum 800pts to go on the dow, can understand why its still rising when trump makes statements to business last week around the carrier announcement in America - like you better not move business offshore.

nz bit different though key resigning was a surprise so now election is anyones to win I reckon so a year of uncertainty coming in 2017 - glad I re- allocated a portion funds offshore a while back.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    wall st looking good brushed off Italy referendum 800pts to go on the dow, can understand why its still rising when trump makes statements to business last week around the carrier announcement in America - like you better not move business offshore.

nz bit different though key resigning was a surprise so now election is anyones to win I reckon so a year of uncertainty coming in 2017 - glad I re- allocated a portion funds offshore a while back.
    Certainly a lot of people have moved an good allocation offshore.

Guru

well,the market is always right,but it sure feels like a runaway train (on the positive side) --When I look at the potential for Trump to cause real damage(lack of diplomatic skill-tariffs-etc) and the EU what must be on shaky ground---China,the holders of much of US wealth given a good reason to devalue or retaliate against trump--vs--Trump will kick start the economy with tax cuts and infrastructure spending,and basically cutting all benefits to the people--(medical-education-even minimal welfare)--just another day at the office ,I guess?

Guru

Markets exhibit irrational behaviour at market cycle extremes, both top and bottom..
    Question:..Are the current markets acting irrationally?