sharetrader
Page 325 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 2252753153213223233243253263273283293353754258251325 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

new records on wall st again also most other markets are hitting new highs so really is a global rally lead by financials and materials and energy
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    The outcome of tax reform is the indicator I have my eye on.

What'll happen if Fed 'intervenes' in Trump grand tax plans and Trump get's pissed off and 'disrupts' the Fed
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What'll happen if Fed 'intervenes' in Trump grand tax plans and Trump get's pissed off and 'disrupts' the Fed
    Yet another enemy I suppose
    When enough enemies get together he just might have a battle he cant win
    He has created so much mayhem anything could happen.
    I feel the initial euphoria of tax cuts will fade and he may lose support-who really can predict the future?
    Markets dont like uncertainty
    Trading countries-eg china,Australia,mexico,canada are probably getting nasty feelings about him.
    Conversely the uk is looking for new friends but can you trust him?
    I guess it has to be good for investment in nz-a lot of americans are looking to invest here

Reagan cut taxes so Fed 'responded' by increasing rates - recession followed and Reagan backed down

Clinton went to polls on tax cuts - Fed sent him a warning and Clinton backed down on promises - great time for markets

Trump back down on his tax cuts? Unlikely so Fed likely to 'respond' with rate hikes. Trump get pissed off and 'interferes' in the election of Fed members. If this happens all hell could break loose on the markets.

Remember the last 30 year boom in asset prices (in the USA) has been based on the premise the Fed always wins.

Trump the great disruptor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Reagan cut taxes so Fed 'responded' by increasing rates - recession followed and Reagan backed down

Clinton went to polls on tax cuts - Fed sent him a warning and Clinton backed down on promises - great time for markets

Trump back down on his tax cuts? Unlikely so Fed likely to 'respond' with rate hikes. Trump get pissed off and 'interferes' in the election of Fed members. If this happens all hell could break loose on the markets.

Remember the last 30 year boom in asset prices (in the USA) has been based on the premise the Fed always wins.

Trump the great disruptor

Hi w69
    Fed has already said that due to anticipated inflation being below their 2% limit a min. number of increases will be contemplated this year - calendar 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Hi w69
    Fed has already said that due to anticipated inflation being below their 2% limit a min. number of increases will be contemplated this year - calendar 2017.
    Of course Janet say's that. She likely waiting for Trump's first move before 'responding'

The battle between Janet and Trump will be intriguing

Everything about Trump is inflationary

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Some interesting comments emerging from executives. Reminds me of the time that a Banker told me (1999-2000 ?) that a person is more likely to change their marriage partner than to change their bank... the younger generation have now destroyed that concept, they are chasing the best deal where ever it is, banks are running scared.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/jeff-immelt-ge-ceo-on-global-trade-2017-2?r=US&IR=T

And another view

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/...-position.aspx
    Last edited by arc; 28-02-2017 at 01:36 PM.

everything holding up ahead of trumps big speech this arvo.

nice to see brokerage rates falling up to 50% and etfs fees barely register lets hope the fee competition spreads to aus and nz, nz fees for stock trades and fund fees look like gouging compared to whats happening overseas.

Guess not many people take fees into account when investing or else they would have just invested in a low cost etf as buffett does.

100k invested at 1.5% fee for 10yrs roughly 7% return equals 185k at end
    100k invested at .25% fee for 10yrs roughly 7% return equals 210k at end all of the top me head lol

fees destroy wealth in the long run.

One day we will all wish we had never heard of the share market. That day is not today.