sharetrader
Page 331 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 2312813213273283293303313323333343353413814318311331 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Exactly

Great chart of The Wall of Worry in this article

http://theirrelevantinvestor.com/201...-go-unnoticed/
    Nice one winner, thanks for sharing.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Originally Posted by arc Almost time to start reaching for the coat and car keys.. before the doorway gets crowded

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Where you gonna go??...car keys??...Remember you're on a boat in the deep Pacific.... .....
    Sorry Arc..couldn't resist myself..

On more serious note..I was 98% "in" now about 80% after today...Started off-loading the ones with any sell signals and taking profits off the table, not hanging around with wait and see when the NZX50 looks dodgy

Laughing.. good one Hoop

Even water dwellers like dry land sometimes... not too many cafe's out there, mid ocean..
    and there's the continuous cycle of replace or repair for the parts that are corroding away.

And I share your sentiment, a slow market extraction process starting, might just be me being paranoid but there appears to be instability creeping into the global market at the moment.

My heart goes out to the people in London...

It is always easier to look back into the past and assign reasons why something happened, than it is to look into the future and make accurate prediction based on today's knowledge and information

Taking a helicopter view of the world sharemarkets I see

- NZX is a defensive-stock dominated market
    - Defensive stocks are great in periods of low growth and uncertainty
    - NZX outpaced other markets over the past 5 years for this reason
    - PE's have been stretched on many NZ heavyweight stocks (esp the generators) for a while now
    - Rising interest rates detract from the profit from holding yield stocks
    - The world's developed economies seems to be moving from low/no growth to accelerating growth, and uncertainty appears to be reducing (I ignore the elephant in the [whitehouse] room)
    - This is likely to favour growth and manufacturing stocks
    - NZX has few growth and manufacturing stocks of any size, and the big one we learnt recently appears to be run by imbeciles
    - Dow and many other foreign exchanges are likely to do relatively better than NZX over the coming years
    - Money is therefore likely to flow out of NZX into better these performing markets

Just my view of the situation, others will read the "tealeaves" differently I'm sure

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Every investor should print a few copies of that article out and put it in various places around their house (Start with behind the toilet door)
    As the Bull market continues to survive well past its average life span and becomes "overvalued", it's increasingly majority dominating participants (investors) worry less about bad news... worry less about averse future...the expectation the market will continue in upward trend because this is a normal event...An extension of rosy forward analysis figures using optimistic recent history events as a (up-) trending baseline...
    This optimistic sentiment point of view is reinforced by the herds experiences and knowledge gained from recent history and this is used to heavily criticise the small minority that go against the optimistic herd thinking...If the long term history is adverse to their way of thinking it is dismissed as an event that will not occur in the future as times have changed and it's different now .......(Sign of a matured Bull Market Cycle DOW Theory)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    It is always easier to look back into the past and assign reasons why something happened, than it is to look into the future and make accurate prediction based on today's knowledge and information

Taking a helicopter view of the world sharemarkets I see

- NZX is a defensive-stock dominated market
    - Defensive stocks are great in periods of low growth and uncertainty
    - NZX outpaced other markets over the past 5 years for this reason
    - PE's have been stretched on many NZ heavyweight stocks (esp the generators) for a while now
    - Rising interest rates detract from the profit from holding yield stocks
    - The world's developed economies seems to be moving from low/no growth to accelerating growth, and uncertainty appears to be reducing (I ignore the elephant in the [whitehouse] room)
    - This is likely to favour growth and manufacturing stocks
    - NZX has few growth and manufacturing stocks of any size, and the big one we learnt recently appears to be run by imbeciles
    - Dow and many other foreign exchanges are likely to do relatively better than NZX over the coming years
    - Money is therefore likely to flow out of NZX into better these performing markets

Just my view of the situation, others will read the "tealeaves" differently I'm sure

Its hard to read tea leaves when you have been sat on by an elephant

Banned

US consumer confidence up, oil up, no worries.

nzx holding the 7050 level as mentioned one to watch
    one step ahead of the herd

The man in the hot seat has signed the executive order

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/27/po...ecutive-order/

Loss of ice in the Arctic... UP
    Larger and more frequent pieces breaking off the Antarctic... UP
    Co2 emissions .. UP
    Methane levels... UP
    Atmospheric pollutants... UP
    Confidence levels... UP
    Atmospheric OXYGEN levels... DECLINING

In a world where science and research are being ignored or belittled , or both, because they are "inconvenient", our / your children will reap dire and unpleasant rewards.

https://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-r...ull_wcover.pdf
    Last edited by arc; 29-03-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    The man in the hot seat has signed the executive order

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/27/po...ecutive-order/

Loss of ice in the Arctic... UP
    Larger and more frequent pieces breaking off the Antarctic... UP
    Co2 emissions .. UP
    Methane levels... UP
    Atmospheric pollutants... UP
    Confidence levels... UP
    Atmospheric OXYGEN levels... DECLINING

In a world where science and research are being ignored or belittled , or both, because they are "inconvenient", our / your children will reap dire and unpleasant rewards.

https://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/assessment-r...ull_wcover.pdf
    You are right ... this was clearly a black Tuesday for our environment independent from one's view on human made global warming. But don't forget - it was a minority of US voters who decided that this must be the right way to go. They call this democracy ... and I am sure the Trump fanboys are happy that we all will be paying for it.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)