sharetrader
Page 34 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844841345341034 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Thanks for your research arc. Assuming this year is crash year, how does your research compare for other years. Eg non crash year. Traditionally Aug to Oct is crash season anyway isn't it, so would expect a few patterns over this time.

ARC, what am I missing? All I am seeing is a bunch of stock codes with various dates. Dates I assumed when these shares were hammered.
    What pattern other than down are you alluding to? You use the word deliberate. Isn't any trade or combined movement in stocks deliberate? Up or down?

Cheers Daytr
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Those who "managed this event" are real evil aren't they arc

Sucked the world in and made zillions .....greedy people (not allowed to swear)

Arc, Whats your theory
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/china-f...lation/5472001

They'll get their comeuppance one day, hopefully sooner than later

There will a revolution of sorts and the world will revert to more old fashioned values and these evil greedy vultures will be run out of town.

O
    Last edited by winner69; 30-08-2015 at 08:29 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The Wolf of Sharetrader

The world will revert to more old fashioned values
    Are you selling jousting sticks Winner? You're dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Are you selling jousting sticks Winner? You're dreaming.
    it will be a generational thing

When they cotton on that these greedy money men don't contribute a brass razoo to the well being of a decent society hopefully the young will force change
    Last edited by winner69; 30-08-2015 at 09:25 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

I noticed that the professor didn't seem to give any weight to the "gambling instinct" of many Chinese who have only recently been allowed - encouraged? - in to the stock market. A bit unfair to blame the "money men" entirely for this debacle without acknowledging that factor, IMO.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Those who "managed this event" are real evil aren't they arc

Sucked the world in and made zillions .....greedy people (not allowed to swear)

Arc, Whats your theory

hahaha it does sound off the edge , no I dont think for a second that its a conspiracy or "evil people"
    Tax time is different for different parts of the world so it cant be related to that. The closest other event was the Chinese devalue but that was announced on the 12th?.

I have no theory. I found a pattern that I personally do not understand... end of story

I dont understand crashes, why do they happen, what are the triggers, what are the significant things that contribute to it. Its like the whole world woke up on the 7th and said its Hammer-Time.

You financial wizards out there, tell me what would make almost every top100, top500 across multiple stock exchanges undergo a selldown on the same day, or at least within a 3 day period.
    Also in your estimation would the ongoing effects of this initial selldown be the cause of black monday, or is it just a coincidence
    Last edited by arc; 30-08-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    hahaha it does sound off the edge , no I dont think for a second that its a conspiracy or "evil people"
    Tax time is different for different parts of the world so it cant be related to that. The closest other event was the Chinese devalue but that was announced on the 12th?.

I have no theory. I found a pattern that I personally do not understand... end of story

I dont understand crashes, why do they happen, what are the triggers, what are the significant things that contribute to it. Its like the whole world woke up on the 7th and said its Hammer-Time.

You financial wizards out there, tell me what would make almost every top100, top500 across multiple stock exchanges undergo a selldown on the same day, or at least within a 3 day period.
    Also in your estimation would the ongoing effects of this initial selldown be the cause of black monday, or is it just a coincidence
    I have no doubts that there is a fair amount of manipulation out there--but as an article--Is that it? (i was looking for page 2)

There are lots of things that can trigger a sell off when things are in a bubble.
    Quite often its property ,but the bubble creation in the first place is probably more relevant--Its certainly no secret that many think the stock market has become overvalued in the US (and China is a no brainer)--I think the scarey part for many was the Chinese governments inability to control the events (at least until now but for how long?) The US has more polished controls to kick the can down the road ,but their options are becoming more and more limited as time goes on.
    Something has to give at some stage(this may or may not be it)--but this is not a normal time to be into the sharemarket bigtime IMO----Saw a quote the other day--went something like--''at this phase of the market,the ''buy and hold''strategy is out the window''..
    Whether its orchestrated or not is up for debate--but either way red is red.
    Last edited by skid; 30-08-2015 at 01:15 PM.

There's no compulsion on anyone, particularly on the big holders and investors, to panic and sell even when would be "gurus" on Sharetrader say they should be.

Instead they quietly pick off the bargains to be had, nor do they need to explain that to anyone.

Life continues.