sharetrader
Page 341 of 1894 FirstFirst ... 2412913313373383393403413423433443453513914418411341 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 18939

Thread: Black Monday

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    With North Korea launching an IBM that can reach Alaska ,are we in for a military response from the USA.It certainly is a game changer and an excuse to act. Would ba Black Monday par excellence and cash would be king.
    Depends on what you consider to be a "military response", but USA has already mobilised a military presence in South Korea, sent a battleship fleet and today it's is reported that the response to North Korea's ICBM test is ... "US and South Korean forces, in response, engineered what was meant as a show of force for Pyongyang, with soldiers from the allied nations firing "deep strike" precision missiles into South Korean territorial waters. The missile firings on Tuesday (Wednesday, NZ time) demonstrated US-South Korean solidarity, the US Eighth Army said in a statement."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/9...to-the-yankees

老外

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Depends on what you consider to be a "military response", but USA has already mobilised a military presence in South Korea, sent a battleship fleet and today it's is reported that the response to North Korea's ICBM test is ... "US and South Korean forces, in response, engineered what was meant as a show of force for Pyongyang, with soldiers from the allied nations firing "deep strike" precision missiles into South Korean territorial waters. The missile firings on Tuesday (Wednesday, NZ time) demonstrated US-South Korean solidarity, the US Eighth Army said in a statement."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/9...to-the-yankees
    TBH I doubt whether NK has ICBMs. The pics they released looked highly suspect, clearly photoshopped. And are we to seriously believe San Peng ("3 fat" in Chinese, their nickname for Kim Jong-Un) sat outside near the missile launch with binoculars while also looking at computer monitors? Missile test are notoriously fraught with issues, which he knows and I doubt he would have put himself anywhere near it. Reeks of scare mongering to me - a well known and effective method of scaring the US. Really, just look at these pics with clear eyes... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...koreas-latest/

With North Koreas launching an IBM that can reach Alaska ,are we in for a military response from the USA.It certainly is a game changer and an excuse to act. Would ba Black Monday par excellence and cash would be king.
    As well as Gold/Silver ... shares ,ETFs
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

With North Koreas launching an IBM that can reach Alaska ,are we in for a military response from the USA.It certainly is a game changer and an excuse to act. Would ba Black Monday par excellence and cash would be king.
    As well as Gold/Silver ...and the right shares ,ETFs PMGOLD-BEAR-BBOZ etc

the USD will prob even have a kick
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Korea is not a problem for NZ shares, but might make buying opportunities... Hopefully

Starting to understand the name for this thread. I love these black Mondays as well, with red arrows turning into black numbers . Wish we would have them several times a week.

Ah well, not that I had problems with too many red arrows before, but a number of my stocks nicely appreciated (or had at least a move in the right direction). Good day to hold retirement stocks as well! Maybe a sign for the AB's ?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I really do worry what's going to happen if Labour win an election in partnership with NZ First and the Greens. At the moment its looking very close.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I really do worry what's going to happen if Labour win an election in partnership with NZ First and the Greens. At the moment its looking very close.
    NZ dollar will drop that's for sure .... I agree Billy Boy hasn't the centre pulling power teflon Key had>>>

LabfirstGreen >>> what a horror it will be>>

Still tax cuts might just keep the Nats in>>
    Last edited by JBmurc; 11-07-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Seeing instability across many topical fields. Some global unrest (whats new) but the big picture seems to have eased back on both growth and expansion. Caution required.

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Seeing instability across many topical fields. Some global unrest (whats new) but the big picture seems to have eased back on both growth and expansion. Caution required.
    WINTER'S COMING arrgghhh..... well in the northern-hemi .....and so will a correction IMHO ... At least 20% down across Nasdaq-Dow etc .....before we see our next winter....