sharetrader
Page 348 of 1897 FirstFirst ... 2482983383443453463473483493503513523583984488481348 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 18965

Thread: Black Monday

percy

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Not a great day on the stock market!
    Great day for Percy Corp book sales at Rolleston schools.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I wasnt aware he threatened that actually. I know their directive is only to act when there is a high likelihood of it having a worthwhile impact so he will never fight the trend (like I stupidly too sometimes)
    No I wasn't aware of it either Peat, until I stumbled over the British Currency News...I find reading about NZ from overseas media is sometimes enlightening....
    This is the British media site: - Pound Sterling LIVE: The article is number 3.

Edit: I have added the article URL as it is now off the Home page
    The New Zealand Dollar Falls as RBNZ Warns on Currency Strength, seen "Aggressively on Hold" on Rates

Last edited by Hoop; 11-08-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Guru

Also of curious interest from Pound Sterling LIVE is Lloyds Bank Forcasts for the Pound verses EUR, USD, AUD, CAD, NZD up to September 2019...Interesting only if like seeing into Lloyds Bank Crystal Ball which is probably no better than any of ours..Their ball shows our NZD falling 6% during 2018..

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

I confess to feeling quite apprehensive about the Trump North Korea situation. I cant see either side backing down so it may very well be a very Black Monday or a very Black Tuesday or a very Black Week or .... I certainly hope not

If you are fond of panicking read this https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ncerns-persist and panic.

I've lived through a number of panics, the 1987 October panic I remember particularly (Olly Newland wrote an immensely good enjoyable book on it) so my mouth curls in a cynical sneer and I start looking for bargains :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I confess to feeling quite apprehensive about the Trump North Korea situation. I cant see either side backing down so it may very well be a very Black Monday or a very Black Tuesday or a very Black Week or .... I certainly hope not
    If he aims at Guam and they put too much juice in and it sails over Guam and veers slightly left it'll hit Auckland

Apparently Christchurch is out of range ... just

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...=top-news&_r=0
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I had a very nice dinner tonight just in case tomorrow doesnt come.
    one step ahead of the herd

Lucky good old Dunners will be safe then Winner

Not panicking and will be happy to pick up a few bargains as well. My main concern is for the innocent people that will be harmed or killed if these twats start nuking each other

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    If you are fond of panicking read this https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ncerns-persist and panic.

I've lived through a number of panics, the 1987 October panic I remember particularly (Olly Newland wrote an immensely good enjoyable book on it) so my mouth curls in a cynical sneer and I start looking for bargains :-)
    Do you remember the story fund manager/financial commentator, Frank Pearson ,told of working in a brokerage house in London at the time of The Cuban Missile Crisis,when it looked as though the Russians were going to nuke London.?
    Every one was selling their shares,except one brave guy who kept buying,although he would never be able to pay for the shares he was buying.
    Reason being, if they nuked London, he would be dead, and would therefore be unable to pay.
    However if they did not nuke London,the shares would go up,because it was not the end of the world.
    Offcourse he made a fortune.!!

ps.I hope the war does not start before 11 am on Monday,as I have to deliver books to schools, and then get home to read Heartland Bank's result.I have nothing planned on Monday afternoon.
    Last edited by percy; 11-08-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Do you remember the story fund manager/financial commentator, Frank Pearson ,told of working in a brokerage house in London at the time The Cuban Missile Crisis,when it looked as though the Russians were going to nuke London.?
    Every one was selling their shares,except one brave guy who kept buying,although he would never be able to pay for the shares he was buying.
    Reason being, if they nuked London, he would be dead and would therefore be unable to pay.
    However if the did not nuke London,the shares would go up,because it was not the end of the world.
    Offcourse he made a fortune.!!

ps.I hope the war does not start before 11 am on Monday,as I have to deliver books to schools, and then get home to read Heartland Bank's result.I have nothing planned on Monday afternoon.
    Your a breath of fresh air Percy!