sharetrader
Page 349 of 1899 FirstFirst ... 2492993393453463473483493503513523533593994498491349 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 18990

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Not a great day on the stock market!
    But it has been a good month et al for a year

Advanced Member

My spider senses are tingling, can see rough time coming up. Stock bubble, housing bubble, credit bubble, crypto bubble, something about to go pop

Banned

Funny term bubble once its popped its gone forever, but those stocks, houses, credit, crypto will still be here. Better word is balloon, can be popped(like Ponzi schemes or finance companies of late 2000's) and gone forever or deflated a bit but continue to expand in the good times.

Trump is a great showman he makes for very interesting times, and knows how to deflect all the negative stories against him.
    Rhetoric will escalate, panic will set in and bargains will be had(AIR for sure yesterday)

Really enjoying the interesting times we're in now. Its a great time to be alive. Healthy. Cashed up ready to pounce.

Percy that story of yours is just fantastic, will tell it to anyone who's got the jitters.

We all know there is a correction coming but is this it......no too far out of the bounds of this little mini trend, although all my alerts fired.

Attachment 9079

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    We all know there is a correction coming but is this it......no too far out of the bounds of this little mini trend, although all my alerts fired.

Nice charting of the tertiary channel (channel pattern) to find breaks of support Root..

My secondary trend channel (orginated from the end of the last bull market correction (feb2016) bottom line is 2365...similar trend channel line to Roots

For interest the primary SD channel (from the beginning of the bull market Feb 2009) bottom line is 2000..The primary channel break using H/L line touches (creates a slightly widening wedge very long term pattern) that bottom line which is also the primary trend line is at 2081..2080 or 2000 would be the limit before bull turns to bear

Might be a lot of jumbled figures to the Forum readers ...so look at it this way..Media often uses the start of Bear Market Cycle rule of thumb >20% drop...At the moment 2441 - (2441 x 20% ) = 1953....Note the charting figures are similar but a bit higher

Going back to Roots chart the channel pattern (tertiary) break is still in the margin of error but a disturbing sign is the very small failed throwbacks to double check the break. We can now say with some confidence that the channel break is true...

No need to panic with tertiary channel breaks as they are minor

Even if this is a true break the fall is theoretically supported at the next top line of the secondary channel which is at 2365 as I type..so a maximum fall of 3% until the next channel comes into play...thats peanuts atm

Definition of a Bull Market correction is < 20% (rule of thumb)

We have a long way to go (downwards) before the bear shows up on the radar..

EDIT:- This may sound contradicting my S&P500 thread post..but I'm not....Using TA discipline a disciple exits on sell signals so those with SP500index passive funds should exit now and re-enter on the buy signals..if the drop is minor (as it has been the last 2 years) the disciple investor may lose a fraction (exit and entry costs) if the market quickly reverts again however that investor will look at that cost as a insurance cost against risk..
    Last edited by Hoop; 12-08-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post

Attachment 9079
    Labour coalition win/ negotiations in the elction will not help especially coming at a traditionally dubious time of year for Nz stocks. Add in global unrest, growing concern of overpriced assets and it easy to see a selloff gaining decent momentum. Going be plenty of money leaving the table

China has piped up and said they will back/defend NK only if US strike first. China will remain neutral if NK stikes first.
    My take - if NK strikes first - that would be suicide for NK.
    If US strikes first - well anything could happen. WWIII? ???? I hope not!

More likely nothing will happen at this stage - just my take though........

Guru

The media may be anxious or stressful, but it was another calm day on Wall St with a spike on awareness...no worries

Attachment 9080

Advanced Member

Pure speculation - some stocks will do well under Labour might pay for you to start preparing for that possibility?
    Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Labour coalition win/ negotiations in the elction will not help especially coming at a traditionally dubious time of year for Nz stocks. Add in global unrest, growing concern of overpriced assets and it easy to see a selloff gaining decent momentum. Going be plenty of money leaving the table

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post

...... My secondary trend channel (orginated from the end of the last bull market correction (feb2016) bottom line is 2365...

.........No need to panic[/B] with tertiary channel breaks as they are minor........

Nicely said Hoop, I'll be starting to cash up more stocks as we head towards the lower trend line of the Secondary channel, I think I must have a small appetite for risk.

Rightly or wrongly I (and probably a lot of other people) identified this Secondary Channel as the end stage of the Bull, it would be a shame to leave the party at midnight and find out people were still having a lot of fun at 3:00 am, but the older I get the worse the hangovers are.

Attachment 9081