sharetrader
Page 350 of 1897 FirstFirst ... 2503003403463473483493503513523533543604004508501350 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 18970

Thread: Black Monday

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=root;678183]Nicely said Hoop, I'll be starting to cash up more stocks as we head towards the lower trend line of the Secondary channel, I think I must have a small appetite for risk.

Rightly or wrongly I (and probably a lot of other people) identified this Secondary Channel as the end stage of the Bull, it would be a shame to leave the party at midnight and find out people were still having a lot of fun at 3:00 am, but the older I get the worse the hangovers are.

As we get older and wiser we learn not too drink excessively and leave the party before midnight.
    I seldom wear a watch and leave when the time feels right-usually well before midnight-and have a good nights sleep.Timing is important but with the right drinks less so.
    My drinks are increasingly low risk and diversified.

NZ is changing for the better economically.
    Growth is happening.
    Finance companies burnt people and they are more careful.
    Increased retirees have to put their money somewhere-select nzx companies provide easy good returns and unlike banks are imputed.
    Maybe its best to stay at this party but dont drink too much.
    I dont feel its time too leave

We are slowly approaching the 8000 point ball park, and we've had a very solid earnings season so far but a lot of shares have reached very high valuations. It's hard to bet against the local markets right now. However, this is perhaps the first time in nine years where a change of government is a possibility.

I've been reading a lot of literature on when the international markets will burst. There are a lot of conspiracy theory artists out there looking at singular isolated events and pointing to that being the cause of the upcoming crash. Its hard to say what it will be as these things are domino effects. So there are so many different things that may cause a slowdown or correction.

One thing that did catch my attention is that Warren Buffet and Charlie Mungers Berkshire who likes to hold at least $25b cash in the kitty is currently holding a record $95b. He probably doesn't see the bargains out there at the valuations over in the states.
    Last edited by value_investor; 24-08-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Banned

WB sitting on a mountain of cash eh and waiting for a planetary alignment to swoop in. Looking at patternology, we have this to work on...

Black Friday - 24/09/1869
    Wall St Crash - 24/10/1929 +60 years
    Black Monday - 19/10/1987 +58
    Black Wednesday - 16/09/1992 +5
    911 market crash - 11/09/2001 +9
    Financial crisis - 16/09/2008 +7
    Big bang(Trump NK) - 09/2017? +9

So there it is, I wasted 1/2 hour of my bedtime working on this. No Fibonacci, Binomial, Catalan, gnocchi or pepperoni series visible. Unless anyone can see a pattern?

Or did I waste my time? With my degree in astrology coming in handy we have the dates spanning virgo/libra.

WB's star sign is virgo, This is how and why he knows when to swoop in to make billions. He influences markets to crash round his birthday every time he blows out the candles.

IMO

Thanks for sharing those dates Fbj. Ive been building more cash but not as fast or as much as i would like.Time to look harder at my portfolio.Many stocks have run hard and high so at the LEAST,trimming more from some seems prudent for me .

So, Korea eh?!

Think that'll go boom?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    So, Korea eh?!

Think that'll go boom?
    US markets up overnight, so not too worried about those missiles aye.

Banned

Yea the Japanese can fend for themselves. Plus Trump has no reason to blow wind on this there's enough wind in Texas to keep the good ol yanks distracted.

s7P 500 2420 - 2480
    one step ahead of the herd

Cashed up a lot of shares last week, might not have peaked yet but I'm comfortable

Guru

Thanks for the dates FBJ..

Interesting cash position by Buffetts Berkshire Hathaway.
    Speaking about Buffett made me look for the latest value for his Buffett indicator..

Quote From Gurufocus As of 2017-09-01 (updates daily): The Stock Market is Significantly Overvalued. Based on historical ratio of total market cap over GDP (currently at 133.5%), it is likely to return -1.1% a year from this level of valuation, including dividends.

The Buffett indicator 60year chart (last update 2nd August) can be seen at Advisor Perspectives Inc
    Last edited by Hoop; 01-09-2017 at 08:08 PM.