sharetrader
Page 354 of 1894 FirstFirst ... 2543043443503513523533543553563573583644044548541354 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 18938

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    class actions are all being launched against retirement village operators in australia

http://levittrobinson.com/class-acti...-class-action/

http://www.skynews.com.au/business/b...ss-action.html

i would imagine retirement village stocks would be caught in the tax net under labour by rule change
    Your links are just talking about one specific retirement operator: Aveo - why do you use the plural (operators)?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/r...sidents-2017-9

Your comments on NZ tax changes appear to be somewhat belated - I assume you missed Jacinda's flip-flop some days ago?

However - if we assume that Labour wins (still a big IF) and if they establish the proposed working group to propose tax changes in 2021 ... What specific tax changes would you see which would damage the retirement sector?

Given that they don't sell their property, but only "right to occupy" am I not clear how any Labour tax changes (like CGT and similar) would effect the retirement villages. Do you envisage a tax on unrealised capital gains? Possible, but political suicide for anybody proposing them - and as well a deathblow to our economy (most individuals and companies would not be able to pay tax on unrealised gains ...).

Could you just help us out with your in-depth understanding of the tax law - or is this just another of your down-ramps?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 17-09-2017 at 05:36 PM. Reason: changed my post in response to bull changing his ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Your links are just talking about one specific retirement operator: Aveo - why do you use the plural (operators)?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/r...sidents-2017-9

Your comments on NZ tax changes appear to be somewhat belated - I assume you missed Jacinda's flip-flop some days ago?

However - if we assume that Labour wins (still a big IF) and if they establish the proposed working group to propose tax changes in 2021 ... What specific tax changes would you see which would damage the retirement sector?

Given that they don't sell their property, but only "right to occupy" am I not clear how any Labour tax changes (like CGT and similar) would effect the retirement villages. Do you envisage a tax on unrealised capital gains? Possible, but political suicide for anybody proposing them - and as well a deathblow to our economy (most individuals and companies would not be able to pay tax on unrealised gains ...).

Could you just help us out with your in-depth understanding of the tax law - or is this just another of your down-ramps?
    i imagine labour will make a tax rule up to catch retirement village operators anyway if labour get in and they make a new tax rule share holders collapsing due to there crumbling share prices will benefit from labours other promise to free up hospital space.
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

i imagine labour will make a tax rule up to catch retirement village operators anyway if labour get in and they make a new tax rule share holders collapsing due to there crumbling share prices will benefit from labours other promise to free up hospital space.
    You love scaremongering bull, I think you should stick to worrying about Sparks SP not gaining much traction over $3.90 as you seem obsessed by that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You love scaremongering bull, I think you should stick to worrying about Sparks SP not gaining much traction over $3.90 as you seem obsessed by that.

Tried to create a fear so bull can get in cheaper in retirement stocks

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Tried to create a fear so bull can get in cheaper in retirement stocks
    not me, im telling ya the greens and labour are in playing a very crafty plan labour say no tax and the greens say yes tax , labour can just flip flop again and say they had too to get the green vote.

So those retirement village stocks will be crushed , it will definately be a black monday for these retirement village stocks under a labour/green govt

Banned

not me, im telling ya the greens and labour are in playing a very crafty plan labour say no tax and the greens say yes tax , labour can just flip flop again and say they had too to get the green vote.

So those retirement village stocks will be crushed , it will definately be a black monday for these retirement village stocks under a labour/green govt
    That's just nonsense and more scaremongering, are Labour and the Greens going to provide the necessary housing and care for the grey tsunami?
    Last edited by couta1; 18-09-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Smile

Care make any SP predictions for next Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    That's just nonsense, are Labour and the Greens going to provide the necessary housing and care for the grey tsunami?
    they are not going to stop building villages because they have to pay some tax, just mean less profit for shareholders as the pie will have to be divided more.

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Care make any SP predictions for next Monday?
    this election could go either way , not even my balls can predict this one

Exactly, there's just no way the govt will have the appetite to pick up the tab for the infrastructure needed to solve this issue.