sharetrader
Page 357 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 2573073473533543553563573583593603613674074578571357 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 18927

Thread: Black Monday

sharemarket to fall slightly today i reckon , dollar already falling
    one step ahead of the herd

What makes you think that? Currency movements look pretty minor. I would have thought that the NZX would go up based on the election results?

Quote Originally Posted by JCM View Post
    What makes you think that? Currency movements look pretty minor. I would have thought that the NZX would go up based on the election results?
    uncertainty - winston can pick either party national or labour to form a govt, moral obligation to go with the highest voting party is a myth made up by the media because under mmp you can chose either party that makes up a majority.
    lets hope winston chooses the party that is best for nz

The main reason NZF didn't get my vote in the first place.

Even so, surely less uncertainty now than prior to the election. Don't think many were anticipating National to govern alone even after their late resurgence in the polls.

The betting odds mentioned in one of the election threads is approx. 10:1 for a Labour led coalition.

Okay, perhaps some bias on my part as I'd like to see my portfolio get a boost..

Advanced Member

I wonder if National and NZF did form whether winstons $20 per hour minimum wage would get through within 3 years..? I think raising the minimum wage is a good thing for adults, but then I read also abolishing the "starting out wage" for 16 year old and over so they would earn the adult minimum wage?

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I wonder if National and NZF did form whether winstons $20 per hour minimum wage would get through within 3 years..? I think raising the minimum wage is a good thing for adults, but then I read also abolishing the "starting out wage" for 16 year old and over so they would earn the adult minimum wage?
    The minimum wage is just another tax on companies. Increasing it is similar (or actually worse) than increasing income taxes and it will only result in increased automation (less human workforce) and / or companies with need of low skilled labour moving offshore. Great outcome.

Left wing politicians did bankrupt the NZ textile industry and other low wage industries in NZ and they are responsible for the demise of many low paid service jobs (like forecourt attendants). I never understand why the Lefties are so keen to push more and more of their "comrades" into unemployment ... but it is probably just to make sure there is always a sufficient numbers of beneficiaries around to vote for them.

We don't need a higher minimum wage - ours is already one of the highest in the world (to be exact the 7th highest minimum wage of all OECD countries: http://money.cnn.com/interactive/eco...rld/index.html ). We need better qualified people with skills allowing them to compete in the labour market instead of minimum waged and low skilled staff relying on government handouts paid by their employers.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Deloitte's has been Hacked.
    Don't they give their clients advise on cybersecurity?

https://www2.deloitte.com/nz/en/page...-services.html

These guys must be good ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 26-09-2017 at 02:27 PM. Reason: added link
    ----

The markets are trading at very low volumes this week following an inconclusive result in the election, a lot of wait and see type results happening around the broader market. The index itself is trucking along..

three weeks to find out whos in govt? labour have one big ace up there sleeve i reckon in that they could offer peters prime minister role with condition he steps aside before next election? provide mentoring role for adern during the time , reckon that would seal the deal along with labour being in favour of moving the port.

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Well that's interesting, ANZ Bank online is still down.. almost 24 hours ??.

Anyone know of other banks online sites that are down ?
    ANZ Internet banking works perfectly fine for me. Maybe you should check your ISP or your computer settings?
    ----