sharetrader
Page 358 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 2583083483543553563573583593603613623684084588581358 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 18813

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Well that's interesting, ANZ Bank online is still down.. almost 24 hours ??.

Anyone know of other banks online sites that are down ?
    Off and on for about 24 hrs but not continually so.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    three weeks to find out whos in govt? labour have one big ace up there sleeve i reckon in that they could offer peters prime minister role with condition he steps aside before next election? provide mentoring role for adern during the time , reckon that would seal the deal along with labour being in favour of moving the port.
    Very good prediction. Might be Winnies last roll of the dice. Wonder how he get on with the greens? Then again he might run again in 3 years...when he's 75? .

Default Prediction on Next Black Monday trigger

Anyone else sense a sea change around monetary policy?

Some headlines from the last few weeks that make me think this

Trump looking to a more hawkish fed :-

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-within-weeks

Bank for England also looking seriously to rate hikes :-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...land-decision/

If there is a spark that will trigger another Black Monday event I think this will be it...

Property markets around the world are way too hot and changes in interest rates will be the real test for the mortgage market

(Fun factoid, NZ was the the one who made 2% inflation target the golden standard - https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/21/u...l.html?mcubz=0)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    three weeks to find out whos in govt? labour have one big ace up there sleeve i reckon in that they could offer peters prime minister role with condition he steps aside before next election? provide mentoring role for adern during the time , reckon that would seal the deal along with labour being in favour of moving the port.
    Hey that was my idea I put on another posting. I think Winny as PM is a good idea. He has the most experience and Miss Arden is too young to lead the country. She went to school with my youngest daughter. Miss Arden would then be in an experience position if she is 2IC this time.
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Hey that was my idea I put on another posting. I think Winny as PM is a good idea. He has the most experience and Miss Arden is too young to lead the country. She went to school with my youngest daughter. Miss Arden would then be in an experience position if she is 2IC this time.
    Miss Arden already made a promise that Winston would not be PM. It would be political suicide turning back on that promise.

Herbacious

But he could be made deputy, and then she gets married, maybe takes some maternity leave...

Quote Originally Posted by mondograss View Post
    But he could be made deputy, and then she gets married, maybe takes some maternity leave...
    classic ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Herbacious

Well with a bit of good timing he could get 6 months or so as acting PM, it would have to be a bit of a nod and a wink arrangement but it's one last achievement before he retires. Better than being beholden to English who you just know is going to get knifed in the back (probably by Bennett) just like Spud was by Shipley. Winston has seen that movie before and it didn't have a happy ending for him.

Quote Originally Posted by mondograss View Post
    Well with a bit of good timing he could get 6 months or so as acting PM, it would have to be a bit of a nod and a wink arrangement but it's one last achievement before he retires. Better than being beholden to English who you just know is going to get knifed in the back (probably by Bennett) just like Spud was by Shipley. Winston has seen that movie before and it didn't have a happy ending for him.
    Sure - but tell me about any political movie Winston so far featured in which did have a happy ending for him. It does not matter whomever he picks as his king or queen - it will lead to the demise of NZ First as well as to the destruction of his coalition partner. Some people are just bad luck (at least from a political perspective) and Winston is one of them.

The only option for an happy end I could see in the current constellation would be a Blue-Green coalition. This would even allow Winston to finish his career with what he is doing best - being an outstanding opposition politician. Happy Winston, Happy English, happy environment - and probably even happy Jacinda, who would find the time to turn her party in opposition around and make it ready for government in 2020 or whenever ... and - the Greenies would get next time more votes. I would vote anytime for a truly Green Party able to form a government with both sides of the political spectrum - and I am not alone with that view ...

Not sure, though whether happy ends are these days fashionable ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

greens will never go with national this election they campaigned against them, it would destroy there party and the media and national just whipping up a story about nothing or some other motive.

so the only option is who winston chooses.

if you look back at the history of mmp if you take out the back stabbing and walking the plank under shippley ( who by the way was useless ) it would have been stable govt with boldger and winston , helen clark and winston was stable govt its just a media whip up of BS about winston causing chaos ( the dollar pretty stable , sharemarket good all these dont point to markets being fazed who he picks as both offer stable govt ) .... just stating the facts in my opinion
    one step ahead of the herd