sharetrader
Page 360 of 1897 FirstFirst ... 2603103503563573583593603613623633643704104608601360 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 18970

Thread: Black Monday

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Pressure sure; tui.Just another divide and rule tactic imo, to ignore .

Advanced Member

I think the greens are too left wing for the New Zealand economy. We (New Zealand)are a needle in a haystack and we are going to tell the world how to behave, or supposedly lead by example.....? I will ring Donald Trump shortly and tell him he needs to change...... I think that will have as much effect. People need to change for most of the green policies to work not legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    popped above the top of the range 2480 see what happens if it holds range implies impulse move to 2540- 60 ? dyor
    move looking good at the moment from the breakout
    one step ahead of the herd

made it to the zone almost vertical move , thats a impulse for ya , payrolls tonight then see what happens breather time? maybe. if it kept going vertical then i be worried
    one step ahead of the herd

We are now in the 3 month period where every major melt down has happened.
    Last edited by NeverQuestion; 07-10-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverQuestion View Post
    We are now in the 3 month period where the every major melt down has happened.
    As Trump would say “the calm before the storm”

So - what are the bets on how next Monday is going? Not sure how good the odds for a Christmas tree coalition (green + red decorated with Winston's baubles) are - but they are after the final result certainly a bit more likely then before.

NZD dropped since the announcement of the final election results a bit more against the USD continuing a downward trend which started basically at election day.

So - currency markets are fearful - what does this mean for the share market? I recon some foreign funds are pulling out of NZ (otherwise the NZD would not drop), i.e. shares should become cheaper. Export based industries should as well benefit from a lower NZD (makes it easier for them to compete internationally) - i.e. mid term many of our companies should do better, unless the Lefties decide to strangle the economy with higher minimum wages and a stronger unions (which is well possible).

Stays interesting, but quite happy I increased recently the cash component of my portfolio. Depending on how this goes - there might be some specials coming up ... and if the new government does not behave their might be better places than NZ for the cash ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    So - what are the bets on how next Monday is going? Not sure how good the odds for a Christmas tree coalition (green + red decorated with Winston's baubles) are - but they are after the final result certainly a bit more likely then before.

NZD dropped since the announcement of the final election results a bit more against the USD continuing a downward trend which started basically at election day.

So - currency markets are fearful - what does this mean for the share market? I recon some foreign funds are pulling out of NZ (otherwise the NZD would not drop), i.e. shares should become cheaper. Export based industries should as well benefit from a lower NZD (makes it easier for them to compete internationally) - i.e. mid term many of our companies should do better, unless the Lefties decide to strangle the economy with higher minimum wages and a stronger unions (which is well possible).

Stays interesting, but quite happy I increased recently the cash component of my portfolio. Depending on how this goes - there might be some specials coming up ... and if the new government does not behave their might be better places than NZ for the cash ...
    The markets have been very resilient to any news in the past 12 months. Considering what we've been through here and abroad so it might just keep trucking along. I know mum and dad investors are very easily shook.

I'm with you on the cash front, mostly because there aren't that many good bargains out there right now as valuations are just crazy.

Guru

VIX in USA lowest it has ever been.
    Conclusion?Don't know or assume anything

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    VIX in USA lowest it has ever been.
    Conclusion?Don't know or assume anything
    Conclusion: still a good time to short the VIX ... though I assume at some stage this won't be true anymore
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)