sharetrader
Page 365 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 2653153553613623633643653663673683693754154658651365 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 18926

Thread: Black Monday

December is historically the most successful month of the year, looking at averages people normally get the euphoria of the holiday season!

Also an interesting time because a lot of fund managers like to sell out of positions so they can go back to their customers and show off quiet proudly the gains they have made for them. I'm just happy to enjoy the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    December is historically the most successful month of the year, looking at averages people normally get the euphoria of the holiday season!

Also an interesting time because a lot of fund managers like to sell out of positions so they can go back to their customers and show off quiet proudly the gains they have made for them. I'm just happy to enjoy the ride!
    i dont think the us markets have ever had a negative december , also fund managers run the risk of selling and getting left behind as 2018 looks like it could be another good year of increasing earnings ( the tax cuts add to company earnings nicely ) and at the same time reduce pe ratios so what looks high now ( in some peoples view ) will be lower pe's when tax cuts go thru.
    add to that regulation reform , cash repatriation , infrastructure spending , low interest rates , money printing still , earnings could surprise on the upside i reckon.
    one step ahead of the herd

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i dont think the us markets have ever had a negative december , also fund managers run the risk of selling and getting left behind as 2018 looks like it could be another good year of increasing earnings ( the tax cuts add to company earnings nicely ) and at the same time reduce pe ratios so what looks high now ( in some peoples view ) will be lower pe's when tax cuts go thru.
    add to that regulation reform , cash repatriation , infrastructure spending , low interest rates , money printing still , earnings could surprise on the upside i reckon.
    I'd add a couple of small caveats to that if the US Fed carries through with its intentions to, first, raise interest rates and second, implement a gradual unwinding of QE. Remember, liquidity is just as important as earnings in influencing shareprices - if not more so.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I'd add a couple of small caveats to that if the US Fed carries through with its intentions to, first, raise interest rates and second, implement a gradual unwinding of QE. Remember, liquidity is just as important as earnings in influencing shareprices - if not more so.
    agree with liquidity but euro zone and japan still doing easy money as they are further back than us in recovery more than offsets us buyback.
    also fed are worried about arrow yield curve so they may not hike as much as you think , yellen has alluded to this already and more will be said about next year in week or so at fed meeting.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    'Or more accurately, 0.01298716 bitcoin. Three hundred dollars worth — because as it turns out, CoinBase, the world's largest cryptocurrency exchange, sets arbitrary purchase limits on international customers.'

Boohoo article from a crypto investing noob.

Theres an irony that the main plank for Bitcoin was to make speedy transactions by cutting out the middle man and associated fees

santa rally coming? generally next 2 weeks is favourable time

Advanced Member

Not sure where to place this..

However I think around minute 47/48 could be relevant to many ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvz5...em-subs_digest

Well worth the time to watch the whole video.
    Last edited by janner; 23-12-2017 at 03:29 PM.

what a start to the year for the us, (nz bit soft ) markets still cheap earnings gonna drive it this year ( walmart just the start ) infrastructure bill this year ( really need it ) more regulation relaxation , gdp getting up to 3% , stockmarket 30k , global growth reving up, did ya know even with rates moving up a tad is good for market , rock on , anyway of again this week setting up my new 12 screen trading room.