sharetrader
Page 367 of 1882 FirstFirst ... 2673173573633643653663673683693703713774174678671367 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 18815

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    The problem is people have a way to live beyond their means through banks and finance companies. Some people don’t know how to save for tomorrow. Some people don’t want to save for tomorrow as their mentality is “you only live once”.

At the same time it’s people like me that look to ride out the waves and make the most of any opportunity. “The rich get richer” is a saying I hear often by those that don’t save when they are young, or have not saved when they are old. I hope to get wealthy by looking for opportunities and to live within my means.

Also apparently if you have a house and over $100,000 you are fine live comfortably and retire in NZ..........
    Really shocking to see people in their late twenties in my circle, all earning at least twice the average wage.

All with mountains of debt from student loans, a lot of them are financing cars well above what they should go anywhere near and some have huge mortgages.

Happy as anything, almost oblivious to the bubble of debt that keeps them afloat... I would hate to see what high interests rates would do to NZ.
    Last edited by hardt; 24-01-2018 at 08:18 PM.

老外

This was a good article today in stuff: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/wor...ore-2008-crash

That's the stupidest article

its nice to see stories like this all the time, makes me think there is still plenty of unbelievers out there in the rally .... plenty more upside
    one step ahead of the herd

I dont think its totally black out there but I did take a short out on the SP500 last night, it does seem a bit stretched in the short term, pullbacks are healthy.
    SP50025012017.JPG
    Last edited by peat; 25-01-2018 at 06:02 AM. Reason: add pic

what do you chart with peat??

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I dont think its totally black out there but I did take a short out on the SP500 last night, it does seem a bit stretched in the short term, pullbacks are healthy.
    SP50025012017.JPG
    well done , i was short the dow for a while got about 50pts before i had to close out due to computer issues missed the following 100 dam '''' had a nice v since then know that im back online
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Really shocking to see people in their late twenties in my circle, all earning at least twice the average wage.

All with mountains of debt from student loans, a lot of them are financing cars well above what they should go anywhere near and some have huge mortgages.

Happy as anything, almost oblivious to the bubble of debt that keeps them afloat... I would hate to see what high interests rates would do to NZ.
    Make people like me who are more careful wealthier

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Make people like me who are more careful wealthier
    Haha, as someone in the same demographic as the people spoken about above, but with zero debt, I cannot wait!

Membaa

Colin has a unique style, concise insights supported by FA and TA. His latest is worth a read, and subscribe if you want this in your inbox from time to time. http://tradingdiary.incrediblecharts...ding_diary.php