sharetrader
Page 374 of 1893 FirstFirst ... 2743243643703713723733743753763773783844244748741374 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 18922

Thread: Black Monday

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I had a little laugh when ASB only had three stocks on the entire NZX tab under biggest gains, never seen that before. Certainly was a day better not to look at stock performance!
    And 1 of those 3 shares was the Global Bond Fund up .1% Just 2 shares with gains today.

My (nz) portfolio had a good fire sale today... Feels like sensible business

I've been a bit more selective during the last few months even if it means holding cash, mostly because of the overpriced market. A a few more these days could help. We still haven't moved that much as people have said above.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    My (nz) portfolio had a good fire sale today... Feels like sensible business
    Its days or weeks like this when you find the advantage of reason over emotion.
    Actions change your emotions so I behave differently and started a spending spree-bought oceania and mercury at close-they both have dividends soon so even if they go down more it doesnt matter as the dividends keep rolling in and i will keep buying whenever i believe a share offers good value(thanks to margin lending)
    Fire sales are not usually good for the seller

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Actions change your emotions so I behave differently and started a spending spree-bought oceania and mercury at close-they both have dividends soon so even if they go down more it doesnt matter as the dividends keep rolling in and i will keep buying whenever i believe a share offers good value(thanks to margin lending)
    I also bought MCY and OCA during the day, along with more SPK (All good value currently IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I'm happy to lose a % or so... Risk management I guess... I don't see it as an emotional response

IMO

John Ryders Global newsletter is out and worth reading if anyone is feeling slightly anxious. google it, its free.

It seems that it is a good time to be a stock picker. In other word it is a good time to avoid over valued stocks and look for overlooked diamonds. There could be more and more sell-off for stocks and commodities. It is unavoidable. Even bonds and bit coins are vulnerable. Making use of credit cards to buy bit coins is not a wise move. It can affect banks as well. Simply, this time is not different. US dollar may strength again. Year of 2018 should be different to 2018. Big drops in overvalued stock markets should happen repeatedly in 2018.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uity-downdraft

I tend to think in times of market anxiety value is actually less important than quality.

Bonds and bitcoins used in the same sentence is amusing.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I'm happy to lose a % or so... Risk management I guess... I don't see it as an emotional response
    I understand why you did it along with many others but its not how you make money.
    With experience you will get more insight into why you did it rather than guess.
    When you said "feels like sensible Business" may of us know you acted on emotion rather than reason.
    Thoughts lead to behaviour ,actions emotion, mood and back to thoughts.
    You may learn that long-term happiness is influenced by your actions and thinking every day.
    I was happy to see coutas post-he has learnt a lot since the days chorus were very cheap.
    We all have a lot to learn-and this forum helps -

i learn something most days-so keep on posting and reflecting on what you do
    Last edited by fish; 06-02-2018 at 06:47 AM.